What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW only gets 1 game

Eelectrica

Referee
B-Tron 3000 said:
Are you serious?

And have players (or clubs willing to pay players fines) go out and maim people?
No. It would only be used for minor infractions. 5 weeks or less suspension time.
We'll never know how different our recent history could have been had Fuifui been able to play some finals...

At the end of the day the NRL is marketing a game here, and to produce the best game they need to have the best players on the field.

Glenn

First Grade
Suprised he didn't get let off all together, the words protected species comes to mind.

fredericko

Juniors
What a disgrace of a decision. He hits the Cowboys chief play maker late after he has kicked the ball and is completely defenceless and hits him high leading with his forearm/elbow. Thurston could easily have been badly injured and teh Cowboys would have been ruined. Once again a case of the NRL looking after its 'stars'. Guess it leaves the door open for the finals for everyone to hit high and late, just don't break anything and it's all ok. The judiciary has NO CREDIBILTY at all.

muznik

Juniors
What did u expect when he has the ex judiciary chairman (J Hall) representing him.

Im surprised he didnt get off all together.

Its a joke.

eel01s

Bench
Well he didn't get off because he had already pleaded guilty to the downgraded charge. The hearing was all about whether the charge would be downgraded, not whether or not he was guilty.

parra pete

Referee
Eelectrica said:
For the finals I want clubs to be able to play their best 17 fit players.
I wish the NRL would introduce a fine system, where players could pay a fine instead of sitting on the sidelines.

What a great suggestion......and go even further by donating the fine money for promotion of football in Country NSW and Queensland.
After all, the players are PROFESSIONAL, and are used to the whacks. We the spectators want to see the best on the paddock.
Clubs can dock the players pay packets. Hit em where it hurts..in the back pocket...

fredericko

Juniors
Now that I think about Australia plays NZ in a 1 off game at the end of the season so I guess if they didnt downgrade it SBW wouldnt be there. More bums on seats if hes there.

Latest posts