What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW Return

JK

Even NZ should wait until the real games begin - Tri Series 2006. I cannot wait, in fact I prefer it to the real season.

greenos

Juniors
aenima1 said:
why would a raiders fan come in here and talk about the dogs? the raiders are probably about the weakest team in the nrl and will struggle to stay away from the wooden spoon at the end of the season. have the raiders ever actually finished above the bulldogs since about 94??

C.P

Juniors
mattyg said:
looks like SBW will be back on sunday for the raiders with any luck

Item on Channel Nein news tonight. Showed SBW pounding up and down the training field, looks fit and may have added some muscle during the lay off by the look of it. Folkesy was interviewed and in his usual dry style said
"Sonny Bill is highly unlikely to make it back to play against Canberra this weekend and frankly the world wont end if he doesnt"

Looks like the following week vs Souths is the likely date

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bulldogs.com.au has the scoop.

R6 v Souths.

Thank you Easter bunny!

ibrmo01

Juniors
How ironic,

His come back last year was against souths, and he got injured...HOPE this wont be a repeat.

Smartman

Juniors
ibrmo01 said:
How ironic,

His come back last year was against souths, and he got injured...HOPE this wont be a repeat.

Also in 2004 he got injured against the same team.

Please bring him back either this week or round 7.

Dogaholic

First Grade
The Australian
April 4, 2006
By Margie McDonald
His body is right but his head needs another week or two before Sonny Bill Williams can step back into football game for the first time in eight months. The 20-year-old ran sprints up and down the Belmore ground sidelines yesterday and performed other speed work to perfection, but he spoke to coach Steve Folkes and asked for a little extra time."He feels like he needs another week or two under his belt training-wise," Folkes said."He's done a little bit of agility today and that's the first he's done.
He's done no ballwork. Folkes said he was unlikely to name Williams today in the side to face the Raiders in Canberra on Sunday."I don't think I'll pick him. I'm pretty sure he won't play."
Williams has recovered from the stress fractures in both feet, that were diagnosed in mid-February, just three weeks out from the start of the season. He spent the off-season recovering from a right knee injury he got after just three minutes on the field against Souths in their round 21 match last July. That game was his comeback match after two months out with an ankle injury, which in turn came after some time off with the mumps. Indeed, Williams managed only five games last season.
Williams worked under head trainer Larry Britton with four other players, including Mark O'Meley who has some achilles tightness, to the side of the main group yesterday. O'Meley is expected to line up against Canberra after his freshening up stint in Premier League last Friday. Folkes' troubles are in the outside backs with winger Matt Utai out with a fractured rib and centre Cameron Phelps (hamstring) still uncertain.
BULLDOGS INJURY LIST:
Cameron Phelps - Hamstring
Sonny Bill Williams - Feet
Dallas McIlwain - Ankle
Namila Davui - Ankle
Trent Cutler - Hand
Matt Utai - Ribs
Daniel Conn - Ankle

atomic_crimson

Juniors
a raiders fan talking about hte dogs getting spanked by the knights?

didn't johns and co put 70 on the raiders? hrmmmmmm

anyways apparently sonny just started agility work this week... give him a wekk or two to get the fitness up! then bring him back

Timmah

Staff member
I think it's worth maybe putting Sonny in PL and giving him a run there... it certainly wouldn't surprise me...

knights fanatic

Juniors
JK said:
Sorry? Is that irony I see staring me right in the face??

It sure is - a bored househusband raiders fan scanning the bulldogs page in some sort of manic search for distraction and then attacking us about losing to the knights??

Excuse me? No raiders fan can ever talk about the Knights to us! Two weeks is not that long a time.

Also -
2005: Dogs 12th, Raiders 14th
2004: Dogs Premiers, Raiders 8th

Please go back to Oprah!

Dogs, Raiders, both sh*t!! Spanked both of you ....easily hahahahahaha:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ibrmo01

Juniors
its simple:

NO JOHNS = NO KNIGHTS

U cant win without JOHNS.

Soon enough his knee will start hurting, and he will be out then you will get the wooden spoon again

Just because the bulldogs have had a slow start doesnt mean anything, remember Holdsworth is still trying to settle in and the whole team was pritty much on the sidelines for most of last year.

HAHAHA

sunny

Given all the vehement denials, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did play this week.

knights fanatic

Juniors
ibrmo01 said:
its simple:

NO JOHNS = NO KNIGHTS

U cant win without JOHNS.

Soon enough his knee will start hurting, and he will be out then you will get the wooden spoon again

Just because the bulldogs have had a slow start doesnt mean anything, remember Holdsworth is still trying to settle in and the whole team was pritty much on the sidelines for most of last year.

HAHAHA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: cant win with 13 "players". hahahahahahaha

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

16 points against you in 7 minutes from a team you supposedly 'spanked'

What a pathetic football team - relying on one player to carry them.

Newcastle SUCK.

knights fanatic

Juniors
dodge said:
:lol:

16 points against you in 7 minutes from a team you supposedly 'spanked'

What a pathetic football team - relying on one player to carry them.

Newcastle SUCK.

Spanked by a "pathetic" team. what a disgrace!! back to the pound you go with the rest of your hooligan pups!!!:roll:

RiotAct

Juniors
dude, knights fanatic, we get it you smushed us, congrats. While Joeys fit I dont blame you being such an arrogant git, so enjoy it son :cool: