What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW to miss Tri Nations?

ozboy

Juniors
carlnz said:
NO its funny that they are saying they are injured and cant play for their country when most of them are currently playing NRL now...yeah we dont want to risk this young kids career but he is ok to keep playing in the finals of the NRL

"Double Standards"

And how much do these kids get payed by the NZRL ?

carlnz

Bench
ozboy said:
And how much do these kids get payed by the NZRL ?

And what? So what you are telling me is that the NZRL should stop putting money into developing these kids and spend it on the Kiwi Players??

Thats why the Kiwi players play for the jumper not the money.....and if you want to bring up who pays their wage bullsh*t again..ask the players then....

Im sure they could find another club like souths that would pay for them plus be happy that they play for the Kiwis...

ozboy

Juniors
carlnz said:
And what? So what you are telling me is that the NZRL should stop putting money into developing these kids and spend it on the Kiwi Players??

Thats why the Kiwi players play for the jumper not the money.....and if you want to bring up who pays their wage bullsh*t again..ask the players then....

Im sure they could find another club like souths that would pay for them plus be happy that they play for the Kiwis...

The bottom line is that these players are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars by their employers, and if a player needs surgery, be it minor or major, the club has every right to enforce it upon their employees.

You also have to remember that the Australian team has had even more players miss out on touring England over the past couple of years, with the 2003 tour missing up to 20 quality players, yet you never hear the sort of whinging which comes out of your kiwi mouths.

carlnz

Bench
ozboy said:
You also have to remember that the Australian team has had even more players miss out on touring England over the past couple of years, with the 2003 tour missing up to 20 quality players, yet you never hear the sort of whinging which comes out of your kiwi mouths.

That is bullsh*t, every write up on the Kangaroos was:

The Australian team missing up to 18 players lost to NZ

The difference is Australia has 4 or 5 players to every one of NZ to choose from, if NZ had a 2nd NRL team their would be no problem as we could pull another half out of that team. With Marshall now gone but still ok to play NRL, we only have Ropati...where as Johns is gone from the first test which half should they pick now??

Hence why yet again this years Australian win over NZ will be just a waste of time and show how big the gap is yet again.. I feel sorry for Brian Mccleann, he is already losing the battle before the war had even started. oh well who cares international league is a joke anyway....

carlnz

Bench
Dont get me wrong, i understand Sonny is gone and thats fair enough, however i cant take clubs saying no he cant play because he needs surgery and he is to young to risk but they are risking him now playing NRL!!

Or you can only have these two players for the first league of the Tri Nations and thats it...

Its just so fustrating knowing you have got a team that can beat aussie in aussie, if we can field our best team. One day it will happe..i just cant believe our sport is turning into soccer where clubs rule the game..

The Observer said:
LF, you know as much about the medical profession as you do about any other topic -ZIP.

I know enough to p*ss off a moron like you!

Do me a favour.....post a few more times and then.....I.....might....care.......

NAH! :lol:

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Beyond the agendas of the clubs & the NZRL, the most important thing is the well being of the players, especially if they're just beginning their careers. The biggest hurdle towards NZ fielding a competitive side is our lack of depth, not the attitude of certain NRL & ESL franchises towards IRL. We have bugger all people playing the game in NZ compared to the other code, always have, probably always will. After all, how many kids would aspire to represent a NZ or Australian based franchise in an Aussie competition over representing their country in a nationally coveted team like the All Blacks who have a profile the Kiwis could only dream of. So its a vicious circle. One that has about as much chance of being broken as the Kiwis have of gaining real credibility in their home country.

Thats is a great point and if more Kiwis realised the REAL problems they have istead of p*ssing and moaning over injured players that EVERYONE has to deal with.....maybe the NZRL could go some way to fixing that problem.

I think the next VITAL step for the game in NZ is a second NRL club. I also think a series between the Kiwi's and a combined Pacific Islands side is needed to get players focused on League in NZ and to have something to aim for.