What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW to Roosters

jak

Bench
With my usual humor put to one side , there is absolutely no reason for any team in any type of competitive team sport to be given any advantage , however slim , over their opposition . None whatsoever . So without covering the same ground as before , in my eyes Brisbane have always been given a most unfair advantage which actually equates to competition points .

Naturally this has occurred since the media has taken control of the broadcasting rights and tells the NRL whom WILL be playing what games on their network . As such the NRL has now become nothing more than a toothless tiger in this particular matter , with Nine undermining the fairness and equality of the premiership itself.

Too harsh - not from my point of view , as a fair go for all was part of my upbringing .
spot on

Cogburn

Juniors
Fox, Wikipedia, etc all recognise the dragons as only having 1 comp! As I mentioned before and I a strongly encourage we all bombard the dragons head office to clarify ! Did the St George dragons get replaced when joining Illawarra yes or no ? Why ? Because all our history has been removed from all new records. This needs to change and should bring back the SOS CAMPAIGN.
Your club was formed in 1998. They have won 1 premiership in 2010. The Wests Tigers have won 1 premiership in 2005. The St George Dragons won 15 premierships, their last season was 1998.

possm

Coach
The Tedesco signing is a clear example on what is going on with TPA's and how they are distorting the 'even competition' idea of the salary cap. Before signing with the Roosters, Tedesco's price was in vicinity of 1.2m p/a. So many clubs either could not afford this figure or were unwilling to pay this amount. Roosters win the signature and then it is reported that the official contract is for $700k. Just ask yourself, how many clubs would have been in the bidding at 700k or a little higher. I think even Millward would have recuited Tedesco on what turned out to be less than Dugan money.

However, we all know it was more than just the salary cap price. It seems the NRL sanctioned a $500k TPA that just happened to coincide with the Rooster's bid and was only available if Tedesco signed with the Roosters. That $500k means the difference between having cap space for a player like Thompson.

To me the TPA system is being abused given that the Clubs are supposed to be at arms length from these arrangements. Todate I have not become aware of any promotion or campaign that could justify this TPA deal; it's just a payment outside the cap, a means to usurp the intention of the salary cap to the point of giving the Roosters an unfair advantage in the competition .

SaintPauli

Juniors
Your club was formed in 1998. They have won 1 premiership in 2010. The Wests Tigers have won 1 premiership in 2005. The St George Dragons won 15 premierships, their last season was 1998.
And who do you support Mr Expert ! Would it be the Cocks at Bondi? Keep you biased comments away from this forum as it's dills like you that are screwing our game.

Easts are scum, there's no doubt. A joke team with twelve supporters, eight of who prefer the Swans anyway. Even so, it's our shame and disgrace that we can't match them on TPAs. We're a bigger club with more premierships despite a thirteen year start and we still can't fill a brown paper bag. Cogburn is probably more into the Waratahs so he's unlikely to care either way, but we've got no grounds to have a shot at him over cheating the salary cap.

jak

Bench
Easts are scum, there's no doubt. A joke team with twelve supporters, eight of who prefer the Swans anyway. Even so, it's our shame and disgrace that we can't match them on TPAs. We're a bigger club with more premierships despite a thirteen year start and we still can't fill a brown paper bag. Cogburn is probably more into the Waratahs so he's unlikely to care either way, but we've got no grounds to have a shot at him over cheating the salary cap.
twelve supporters. yeh right

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Hey Cockburn.
Is there nothing happening at you pissy little forum of all 10 supporters.
Why don't you f**k off back to your latte drinking , manbun wearing, hippesters .
You can buy all the players you want and still will not win.
See you and the other 9 people in the flea infested cookpen on ANZAC day .

Latest posts