What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW will not play again this year

Parra

Referee
It is funny, all the whinging coming from the Dogs & Gallop.

These pricks tried to derail the entire sport just over 10 years ago - and now they carry on about loyalty and contracts. There is your hypocrisy right there.

These idiots made the bed - now shut up and lie in it.

Noa

First Grade
I think the point of this is to send a warning to other players thinking of doing the same thing.

Will do sweet FA.

If any good comes out of this it will be to expadite the change in Rugby League administration, otherwise were f*cked.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors

These pricks tried to derail the entire sport just over 10 years ago - and now they carry on about loyalty and contracts. There is your hypocrisy right there.

Hard to disagree with that, at least as far as Gallop is concerned.

Ribs

Bench

Good point, the Dogs have been cheating the system to the detriment of the game for bloody years, now they put on their white robes and play the loyalty card. Ha.

F*cking hypocrites.

JoeD

First Grade
BS mate, SBW would have to pay all the dogs legal costs too.

if i were the dogs i go :

1. loss of crowds at 5000 per game for 4 years $5 million
2. Loss of corporates / sponsors for 4 years $2 million
3. NRL / ARL loss of sponsors (gates / WC) $5 million
4. Loss to the kiwis $2 million or so

hit him and the union club with a $14 million damages claim, they would s**t themselves.

If they were to argue that SBW was worth $14 mil to them over 5 years it would backup his claim that he is being grossly underpaid

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good point, the Dogs have been cheating the system to the detriment of the game for bloody years, now they put on their white robes and play the loyalty card. Ha.

F*cking hypocrites.

Actually the management of the club implemented outright cheating in 2000 and 2001, were caught in 2002 and fined a sh*tload of money. How that is relevant to Sonny breaking contract now is beyond me. How in God's name can you defend the coward?

tend to agree with you.

SL taught players to value money above loyalty.

this is the result.

If they were to argue that SBW was worth $14 mil to them over 5 years it would backup his claim that he is being grossly underpaid

thats between him and his manager.

he signed a valid contract, its not the nrls fault if he signed too cheaply

Timmah

Staff member

:lol: You would be a shortsighted fool to lay the blame for the war squarely at the feet of News/SL itself. The ARL played a part in everything that happened and their own shortcomings contributed greatly to everything that happened over those 3 years.

The Bulldogs management cheated in two seasons and were heavily penalised for it at the time.

Neither of these cases are revelant to the breach of contract Sonny has committed this weekend and bringing them up only serves the point that you've got absolutely no basis to support his decision.

Timmah

Staff member
thanks for coming.

prior to SL players would take less from their clubs than others as a show of loyalty.

SL killed that off.

this is the consequence

It started last year with O'Meley, Mason... hell even Lyon to some extent.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
:lol: You would be a shortsighted fool to lay the blame for the war squarely at the feet of News/SL itself. The ARL played a part in everything that happened and their own shortcomings contributed greatly to everything that happened over those 3 years.

The Bulldogs management cheated in two seasons and were heavily penalised for it at the time.

Neither of these cases are revelant to the breach of contract Sonny has committed this weekend and bringing them up only serves the point that you've got absolutely no basis to support his decision.

I'll translate for you dopey.

It is nice to see what goes around come around for once. :)

fish eel

Immortal
Wilkins on the ABC is on air now, talking about a legal avenue which can see an injunction placed on him by a NSW Court, and enforcement of that injunction sought through a French Court.

Wilkins on the ABC is on air now, talking about a legal avenue which can see an injunction placed on him by a NSW Court, and enforcement of that injunction sought through a French Court.

excellent news.

now lets hit him with a multi million dollar damages claim

Timmah

Staff member
I'll translate for you dopey.

It is nice to see what goes around come around for once. :)

Yeah because the fans of the club totally deserve this, despite being innocent bystanders who simply support their football club.

Well done hero.

Moffo

Referee

go f**k yourself the fans had nothing to do with it

Floods

Juniors
The other thread has been derailed :( so will post this here as well
O.K I have a some stupid questions, what happens if by some miracle the Dogs manage to get SBW back,
1) I assume even if they put him in NSW cup for 4 years (Although I believe thier CEO has said they don't want him back, I could be wrong though) they still have to pay him $500K a season right?

2) Will they want to tie up 1/4 of thier salary cap to pay a reserve grader ?

What is the ultimate aim if they don't want him back but they don't want him to play somewhere else?
Will this simply end with the Dogs getting compensation and releasing SBW from his contract.

Even though it sucks for the dogs SBW will still have the original contract won't he? And in the end despite all the rhetoric from both sides it would simply be bad business to have him in NSW cup and near impossible for him to play in the first grade side effectively.

Edit: Don't get me wrong I don't agree with what SBW has done , I just think this whole drama is going to end in a whimper with a payout and a release.