What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW worth every cent!!!

ShineDog

Juniors
SBW ...is by far the best player we have produced IMO.

I have never seen a player who can attract so many defenders and create so many opportunities in attack and defence.

He is by far the Dogs best player, and this is no under acheivement with the likes of Mason / Ryan / O'Meley and Tonga on the park.

The commentators all seem to rate Lockyer / Thurston as the world's best...but in my (most likely bias :D ) opinion , SBW IS THE WORLD'S BEST PLAYER.

Shifty Sherwin is back, and better than ever. His defence has been outstanding and his running game is putting doubt into all opponents. He is not only passing and kicking but running to the line and using his skills, like he did several yrs ago.

Sherwin and SBW are the key IMO.
DOGS 2007!!:D

Cammo

Bench
If Sonny and Sherwin can keep that sort of form going, and with our Origin players coming back we can certainly give this comp a big shake.

While I still think Melbourne are a long way ahead of everyone else, we are starting to build and hopefully we can peak right around semi final time.

BlueFenix

Juniors
I agree with every thing that has been said.

Now that Joey is gone Sonny Bill is the best around. Even when I take my Blue and White glasses off there ain't many close to him!

Very happy with Shifty this year, he has had off field drama's impact his game the last few years but is up there again.

mattyg

Bench
where are the fools who said we were stupid to let go of Shrek and pay so much for Sonny. We had a choice between the 2, we were never going to keep both. We made the right choice.

This is so good as well, knowing we have SBW for a further 5 years after this year.

icewind

Juniors
i still think he tries to offload too much.from what i've seen, he seems to try to offload EVERY run he makes, whether theres a guy there or not.

jimmythehand

Juniors
you're right icewind but with more experience he'll only get better at choosing the right moments. I've seen a gradual improvement throughout the year already.

voltron

Juniors
i saw the game yesterday too, and he played fantastic
his step, offload, upperbody strength
its good to see him finally get a good streak of games under his belt, and build up to form.

and is it just me or has been playing even better since he's given up drinking?

PARANoIR

Bench
He was brilliant last night. No doubt.

A win is a win, I know, but I'm still not happy about last night. We should have put a hell of a lot more on them then 38 points. Our defence was pretty much fine, but I thought our attack should have been better.

Ridders

Coach
PARANoIR said:
A win is a win, I know, but I'm still not happy about last night. We should have put a hell of a lot more on them then 38 points. Our defence was pretty much fine, but I thought our attack should have been better.

especially in the first half, i was concerned with the amount of chances we wasted when in the roosters 20. in the end it all came good but we're gonna have to fix up some of our last tackle options, as some of them, especially by roberts, were pretty poor.

still, shouldn't take away from what was a great win, especially without our origin stars and o'meley

TITAN1

Juniors
..So why does SBW only put in a performance like that every 3-4 weeks?
He needs some consistency in his game...
But i agree,he was awesome monday night.

jimmythehand

Juniors
let's not forget he's only early 20s, to expect that every week from someone so young might be a bit much. I've been very happy with his gradual improvement in consistency over the year.

Abz

Juniors
It's too hard to judge on something like that. Against the Roosters he played out of his skin which is good. But what we need is for him to give this performance week in week out. A player giving in a good performance every 4th or 5th game isn't what the doggies need. We need a player like SBW to do it every game. That's what his $400,000/year will be worth.

Also I think that his progression of using more "wrapping" techniques as opposed to shoulder barging are improving. Hats off for SBW trying to improve his game.

Abz

Juniors
He's been out for a couple of games though. Against the Eels and the recent game too against the Sharks I think it was?

ShineDog

Juniors
TITAN1 said:
..So why does SBW only put in a performance like that every 3-4 weeks?
He needs some consistency in his game...
But i agree,he was awesome monday night.

He has been performing at a high standard all yr.

Abz

Juniors
Good but not the best yet. His skill & talent is starting to emerge. Who knows he may very well be our next superstar, but while his injuries are a stalling factor, he's still got alot to prove. I still think the likes of Terry Lamb/Steve Mortimer/Jason Hetherington are among the best we've produced.

Latest posts