What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schiffa and Stuart

Raider Ultra

Bench
I can reveal that Schifcofske's contract is all but a done deal, and will be signed before the Manly match on Sunday. Apparently he rejected offers from a number of English clubs.

Also, the wheels are in motion to bring Ricky Stuart and Bradley Clyde back to the club as coaches in the not too distant future.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

if this this fair dinks and full on then my faith in management will be totally restored (footy side of the things not running of thou)
thanks for the inside scoops

thickos

First Grade
Ultra... you cant post things like this without letting more on... that's just a tease :lol:

But GREAT news nonetheless! :D

brenno

Juniors
As if Sticky will comeback. He hate's this club with a passion now. I've never seen him more animated in the stands after that loss on sunday. Besides, Matt Elliott has done a more than decent job restoring the clubs credability. When is Sticky's contract up with the Goosters anyway?

Raider_69

Post Whore
brenno said:
As if Sticky will comeback. He hate's this club with a passion now. I've never seen him more animated in the stands after that loss on sunday. Besides, Matt Elliott has done a more than decent job restoring the clubs credability. When is Sticky's contract up with the Goosters anyway?

this year i believe
Stuart is a competive bloke, i dont think he hates us but make no mistake he loves getting the better of us, and hates losing... COME HOME STICKY!

jed

First Grade
Raider Ultra said:
I can reveal that Schifcofske's contract is all but a done deal, and will be signed before the Manly match on Sunday. Apparently he rejected offers from a number of English clubs.

Also, the wheels are in motion to bring Ricky Stuart and Bradley Clyde back to the club as coaches in the not too distant future.

I always had faith in Schif, didn't seriously anticipate Stuart returning to the fold, and Clyde I thought we had lost forever.

Raider_69

Post Whore
the more i think about it the more i cant see it eventuating with stuart

He wont settle for anything less than a head coaching role, which is fair enough, he would be a walk up spot to basically any club bar Brisbane, Bulldogs, Melbourne, and i cant see management not renewing Elliots contract... but heres to hoping :clap:

legend

Coach
Me too. I'd love to see as many ex-Raiders from our golden era back at the club as possible, but both Clyde and staurt seem to be firmly entrenched with their current malevolent clubs.

Paullyboy

Coach
I mentioned the Stuart thing last year, they've been trying to get him back for well over 12 months now.

Cant be doing Matt Elliotts job security confidence much good!

But yes its true, Stuart is well and truely a target, I hadnt heard about Clyde before though.

thickos

First Grade
I think Clyde could easily come back as our football manager, that would be great. I see his return as far more likely than Stuart.

ak47

Juniors
brenno said:

he was animated coz he was in serious shock as to what was happening around him, at bruce stadium

the ricky quote after the match....(posted here b4, sorry cant remember who?)
They [the Raiders] are going great, they’re winning footy games and that’s what you’ve got to aim to achieve. The whole club’s doing a good job down here. They’re getting people to games, winning footy matches and that’s the aim of the job. It’s exciting for them at the moment, you can feel it in the air. When you’ve got that bit of confidence you get a roll on. It’s a good feeling to have. We’ve had it before and we know we want it again, that’s important. But I think you can see there’s a real buzz down here at the moment.”

I dont wanna see Elliot go, but with what Ricky said here, does indicate he is homesick..........along with his animations and body language - he wants to get onboard........i think Gus pisses him off at the chooks too..........he wants 100% authority, and Gus takes some of that away at the chooks

Furthur to all this I ran into Ricky Stuart at the new eastern hotel in bondi junction a few weeks back, b4 the season................really top bloke, had a yarn, and wished me luck with the upcoming season for the raiders - in front of his missus and friends.

He does envy the way the club has swung around since the Mal days of coaching.........and he does love us more than Laurie Daley, whom has the statue!!!!!

Clydes gotto be a shoe in...................his PERFECT image gets black marked at the dogs........him and his family must be getting sick of it all by now

skeepe

Immortal
I don't think Ricky's hate was ever for the club itself, more the administrators who cast him and Clyde aside all those years ago.

Now that those people are long-gone, he has nothing to hate. Well that's my take anyway.

Edwahu

Bench
I think some people might not realise how close Stuart is to the people that have alot of influence at the club, particularly the Mcintyres.

Is Elliots contract up this year? He would want at least 2 or 3 more seasons and that is a big commitment for a up and down coach. If he keeps going the way he is then he shouldnt have a problem with getting an extention though and I wouldnt be suprised if he even got some other offers. If the Dragons fall to pieces again they would probably be interested.

legend

Coach
Again? The glue is only just holding them together as it is. A heavy loss to the Broncos will se them back to square one, especially with a full team. No excuses.

From what Stuart said, it does sound like he is keen and with undefeated sides in first grade and premier league, I'd say the Raiders management and structure would be the envy of the league right about now.

Raider Ultra

Bench
I can't let on anymore as that's all I know, although I also heard Stuart is looking around the property market in the ACT at the moment. He recently sold his house in Cronulla, and is currently renting in the Eastern suburbs.

Latest posts