What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schiffa and Stuart

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
I hope the Stuart story is true...but I have grave doubts we'll ever see these guys back in Canberra.

Hope I'm wrong though!!!

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
People.. stuart is a champion coach.. but come on.. look at the team he had to work with... you take out fitler from his team and look whats happened.. they've lost 3 from 3 and are underdogs this friday..

If the Raiders are lookign for a new head coach.. not that i have any problems with the champion matty elliot.. then what about giving Laurie Daley a chance??? i coudlnt imagine a better coach.... any one agree???

Chachi

Bench
Geez I hope you're on the money with Choc, but if Elliott gets this team to the top 4 and then gets shafted I'd be pretty upset for the bloke. I also think the jury is still out on Stuarts' ability as a coach (without Fittler) and this year should tell us a lot.

It would be nice to see them both back in some capacity, but I hope no hasty decisions are made.

hrundi99

First Grade
Daley would PROBABLY be a very good coach, but he has no experience as a 1st grade coach, and hence there are no guarantees.

Evergreen

Juniors
As much as I would like to see as many former club men back at the Raiders, I hope that management wait until the end of the season to make their decision.

Matt Elliot is in the fifth year of his 'plan', and it finally appears as though he has the team he was looking for. Good halves, hard working and impact forwards, a ton of depth and some real marquees (Schif, Smith, O'Hara etc). If we can get into the finals and have a decent crack at it this time, I would be happy to see Elliot with us for at least 2-3 more years on the onus that he take us another step further.....

But with Brad Clyde, FFS bring him here ASAP! I don't care what it is he'd be doing because that man espouses everything that is good about this club!

Fingers are crossed for Schif - god I hope its true! [-o<

I was told Schif will sign a 3 year deal by someone who heard it on the Radio this morning. Can't wait to see it in print though.

As for the coaching, will be interesting to see the outcome of that next year.

Chachi

Bench
That is awesome news. I never thought I’d say this, but IMHO I think he is the best FB we have ever had. I know Badge and Mullos were great in their time, but if Choc had the chance to play behind Stuart, Daley and Meninga during the glory years he would have gone down as one of the best ever - and I also don’t think the other two guys had the versatility to do as well as Clinton has in our current team. In a lot of ways the guy has carried our chances for 3 years and it’s now great to see him able to play with confidence as well as passion.
:D :D
I wouldn’t trade him for any other FB in the game, but unless we win a Premiership and he scores 30 points and saves 3 tries in the Grand Final he’ll always get shafted by the rep selectors. :twisted:

ak47

Juniors
Schifty said:
Just heard on the WIN news update that.......

RAIDERS FULLBACK CLINTON SCHIFCOFSKE AGRRES TO TERMS

\\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/ :thumnn

:lol: :lol: :eek: 8) :lol: :D :) :p
Always thought the President should stay in the nations capital.

Sonny Boo who??? ;-) :p

circling eagle

Juniors
Couldnt help but add my 2 cents here.

I dont know why any of you would want to see the back of Elliott, the guy has done amazing things over the last couple of years. You will probably shoot this down, but the Raiders playing roster has been a lot thinner in the last two years than previously, but he still gets you to the finals. This year you guys were widely tipped for the spoon, if your form (top 6 finish) continues Elliott should be coach of the year.

peter_raiders

Juniors
As long as Schif gets Dally M player and fullback of the year then im happy.

But Elliott has done a great job turning this club around since Big Mal. Well Done.

And Schif, i can't believe i ever doubted you resigning for us. You're tops, continue your form and i hope you get a Maroon jersey. It's largely because of you that Canberra Stadium erupted last weekend, your passion rubs off onto all of us supporters. Congrats!!!

Latest posts