What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scoop....on Choc.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raider Azz said:
another parra pete "scoop"... straight from the canberra times.

was in this mornings paper buddy. beaten to it.

:lol: f**k this pete bloke a moron

Bay56

First Grade
If the story is true, especially signing with the Reds tomorrow, I'll be over his place to pack his bags and send him up the Pacific Highway ... I have no time for arseholes, nor their managers.

If we don't get Jamie Lyon with all this money it will be a farce.

Even if we have to pay 650k a season, we still need someone like him at the club. Theres no way any other club could offer him that

Bay56

First Grade
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
Bring on the wooden spoon.

I tend to think otherwise ed ... we have one or two replacements for most of the players that are leaving who are currently playing PL.

Supplement that with some strategic signings with the huge amount that we will have available after June 30th and we have the basis of an excellent side in the next couple of years.

If you are expecting a premiership in 2007 or 08 start supporting another team cause it isnt going to happen.

Bay56

First Grade
waltzing Meninga said:
If we don't get Jamie Lyon with all this money it will be a farce.

Even if we have to pay 650k a season, we still need someone like him at the club. Theres no way any other club could offer him that

Agree mate, although the $650K is a bit steep ... Lyon is the high profile player this club has been crying out for some years.

aussies1st

Staff member
Enter Zillman or Chalk. And if we can't beat the offers from the other clubs for Lyon I will be shocked.

Bay56 said:
Agree mate, although the $650K is a bit steep ... Lyon is the high profile player this club has been crying out for some years.

I know its steep mate, but this is what the club needs. Im sure if we can forward with that offer or something similar h would come here, and surely we can afford it. we have the below players now leaving

Shif - 300k?
Woolford - 250?
Croker - 220?
Mogg - 180?
Hodgson - 180?

Surely we have the money to get someone good

edabomb

First Grade
Schif will have to go down as the worst captain in Canberra's history if he does leave. Signing a three year deal and then leaving after after one because of a change in coach. Pathetic.

legend

Coach
There must be problems at the club if all the senior players are leaving at once. I am seriously concerned and with Henry a rookie coach, who would come to Canberra bar the money hungry Kiwi's and apart from Wiki, Kiwi's and the Raiders don't mix??????

Maybe Elliott has more leverage with the players than we thought?

Macko8

Juniors
legend said:
There must be problems at the club if all the senior players are leaving at once. I am seriously concerned and with Henry a rookie coach, who would come to Canberra bar the money hungry Kiwi's and apart from Wiki, Kiwi's and the Raiders don't mix??????

Maybe Elliott has more leverage with the players than we thought?
[/quote]

I seriously doubt that champ.
I reakon with hodgson,mogg,woolford,schif and possibly croker all going henry has some good players wanting to follow him down here to the nations capital.

Just that brent kite thing...out of left field, did Neil Henry have anything to do with kites junior team??Did he ever coach him???

raidersforme

Juniors
This had better be the worst belated april fools joke if it is hey you've got me april fools

How can someone sign one year ago with how happy they are get captaincy and go to union the next with no implication to the fact

If true F#$* off NOW you disloyal F#$* i don't care where we come on the ladder to be honest we can't do much worst than last year, might as well get used to sucking up eddie jones a#$* now.

I don't know any raider's fan who doesn't have you in there top three or number one which is where i have you, so much for looking back at your pointscoring milestone hey you get to ten and piss off so much for retiring at canberra how many times do we hear those words only to have f#$*ing send off party's to money grubbing rats, what is wrong with nrl in general where the pay packet is more important than the game, this is the worst betrayal IMO anyway the club has had and there's been a few

Hey Schif we are not a sinking ship you rat

Sorry getting some steam out i am so guttered at the moment

Edwahu

Bench
We have handled losing a lot better players then Schif before. He is a great player but not irreplaceable and we are much better positioned to replace him as a leader then we were when Wiki left.

legend

Coach
I'm in agreeance with you mate, Schif leaving is an insult to the club, especially after getting the captaincy but his return to form would conicide with Schif trying to up his paypacket as all players do at this time of year.

raidersfan

Juniors
if Elliot was THAT good then they'd all be going to penrith NOT Queensland, France, and the Illawara.

parra pete

Referee
Raider_69 said:
:lol: f**k this pete bloke a moron

You maybe spot on the money there matey... I probably am a moron:lol: :lol: ...but by gee I've given you Raiders supporters some early oil..posted the event BEFORE it breaks...Am I really Nostradamus???