What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Donald!

eels_fan

First Grade
The SMH reports today that Manly have given Scott Donald permission to negotiate with other clubs!!
We all know that the club is short on backs...and it'd be awesome to have him back at Parra!!
What do you think...i think he's just as good as Tate but we're more likely to get Donald because he has been a Parra boy before!

People never learn, when are we going to stop buying these shit players.

Donald cant tackle, he has no idea all he has is speed and thats it.

It makes me sick to think that you are even considering this.

The Colonel

Immortal
Donald on one wing and Grothe on the other. Very potent backline. Other thing is how many wingers defend in the middle of the park? :roll:

Eels Supporter

Juniors
Parra don't need finishers the way they play the game. Dean Widders and Lee Hopkins run out wide and force their centres and wings out wider. If they don't score themselves they get tackled with the ball. Then the ball goes back inside again. Good example - how many times did Ash Graham or Luke Burt get the ball on Saturday night. I think they took a couple of dummy half runs to get their hands on the ball. And a few people have said that they did not have a very good game - what can you do without the ball. And if you look at the stats you will see that Rooney was also starved of the ball. There was no play on that side all night. Very frustrating for the players concerned I would imagine.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Potential threquarterline...

Donald
Tate
Vaealiki
Grothe

Premier League
Burt
Langi
Graham
peterson

Not bad eh?

If we get Tate, we are right for wingers because Burt becomes one.

Avenger

Immortal
Misty Bee said:
Potential threquarterline...

Donald
Tate
Vaealiki
Grothe

Premier League
Burt
Langi
Graham
peterson

Not bad eh?

If we get Tate, we are right for wingers because Burt becomes one.

Burt should become one regardless.

Eels Dude

Coach
Donald would be a good buy. Wonder how expensive he has become though since he left Manly, and why they aren't keen to rap his contract up, with Big Hoppa on the outer. Dunno if he'd like to come back though, he was never assured a first grade spot.

oneguy

Juniors
Must say I'm surprised that Manly would let Donald go - he's been one of their most consistent performers.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
That was the year we blooded so much talent. We tried a lot of combination and showed that our juniors had talent. So all the other clubs bought them :x