What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Sattler retiring

Spike

First Grade
Scott Sattler has announced that he will retire at seasons end on 2GB due to injury. Although he is still contracted for next year, he's told Tim Sheens he is hanging up the boots.

hemeroid

Juniors
scott "the tackle" sattler will be missed. hwoever i think even he will admit its probly best 4 the club

bonstonker

Juniors
i think that is the exact reason why the tigers made a late bid for morrison this week.

i don't think the tigers were 100% sure he was going to retire and unfortunately this news a few weeks earlier may have got us a prop or 2.

i am very happy he has made this decision and not taken the easy way out and stayed just to take the money.
his class has really shown up yet again.

gr8_1

Juniors
Your a Champion Satts ! It is going to be hard to find a player with the same dedication and courage. :clap:

Once again you have proved to me and most league fans that you put your club before your own personal gain. Satts could of played on and played at 75% and earnt his money the easy way. But, been the man he is he wouldnt play if he couldnt play at 100%.

Satts will be out to finish his career on a good note. Lets get behind him Tiger fans for the rest of the season.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would he seriously come back to the Tigers? I thought there was some animosity on his leaving Balmain in the mid/late 90's

vlad

juniors
madunit said:
Would he seriously come back to the Tigers? I thought there was some animosity on his leaving Balmain in the mid/late 90's

doesn't matter he signed with the Eels

innsaneink

Referee
\Though Ive been happy with Satts in general...it does make you question our "buying policy", I suppose you could call it.

I know its easy to be wise in hindsight blah blah blah, but it wasnt the wisest purchase......I really hope he is the LAST new recruit to hang up the boots at WT's, after only 1 or 2 seasons.

HappyTiger

Juniors
We will miss his leadership and courage but im sure some of his qualities will have rubbed off on the younger boys like Harrison,Halatau and Gibbs.

Suzie

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
Your a Champion Satts ! It is going to be hard to find a player with the same dedication and courage. :clap:

Once again you have proved to me and most league fans that you put your club before your own personal gain. Satts could of played on and played at 75% and earnt his money the easy way. But, been the man he is he wouldnt play if he couldnt play at 100%.

Satts will be out to finish his career on a good note. Lets get behind him Tiger fans for the rest of the season.
Classy move to retire and free up some funds, allowing the club to find a replacement player.

Certainly a professional player, and I believe his input to the team will be missed.

Thanks for the season, Satts, and good luck with all your future endeavours :clap: :clap:

mikey

Juniors
innsaneink said:
\Though Ive been happy with Satts in general...it does make you question our "buying policy", I suppose you could call it.

I know its easy to be wise in hindsight blah blah blah, but it wasnt the wisest purchase......I really hope he is the LAST new recruit to hang up the boots at WT's, after only 1 or 2 seasons.

To some extent I agree with you but when you don't have experience and leadership combined with a losing culture you have to get it somehow.

We still need a couple of good old timers around to help the young guys. Like everyone else though I wish they would stay around for a little longer and change the culture at the club.

Latest posts