What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

scotty f**king porter

spider

Coach
He's been good so far, but he was average last night and his deficiencies (long passing and ball playing vision) were highlighted.
i cant say he displayed long passing and vision in any of his games so far?

his loppy lollie passes were embarrassing in his first 2 games

That said, his kicking game is outstanding, and he's shown more than enough to keep persisting with.
i agree at this stage provided he has a ball playing 5/8 in the side like barrett who has vision and can read a game to assist in bringing him along

panfashark

Juniors
He had an average game! How about the tackle on Mason, i said last week that his defence is great, i reckon that commitment shows that he is not out of his depth!

squiddy

Juniors
Poor Ports was playing with no 5/8 - after only 4 FG games he was expected to run the show FFS .

This kid is good and a keeper - last night was tough for him sure

Someone should have got a message out to him to spread the ball wide and EARLY , we would have cut them to pieces out wide the way their defence was set

RUBIKS

Juniors
yes - we will have a good reggies side running around

..inside ball...inside ball....inside ball....

he couldnt see the defence was so compressed - lol

I think we all know Porter doesn't have a long passing game. It's obvious. Which means I don't think you can blame him for not going around the opposition. In this situation he needed a 5/8th. Ports would pass to Williams who if he had the ability should have sent it out the back but he didn't... or couldn't. You could see Williams wanted to as well, which was why there were a few wraparound plays, to try and get porter closer to the backs in an attempt to give them some service. Nope, I'll say the fault lied with the 9 and 6 not having a passing game either.

Not Porters fault I'm sorry. He had a great game with what he had available. Lets just hope he gets a long passing game in the off season.

spider

Coach
lol

seems to be a bit of the noddy prosecution slipping into the thread

lucky for ports though he can kick long....