What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2004 turning sour?

Tommy Smith

Referee
As a Roosters fan, things couldn't be better atm. Knocking off the first placed team 35-0 without Wing and co gives me great confidence that we can win the comp.

But for Rugby League in general, season 2004 is off to a poor start. The Bulldogs rape claims aswell as crowd dramas were bad enough as far as off field drama is concerned, but now with Andrew Johns, who is probably the games no.1 marquee player out for the season, even on the field things aren't going too well.

So with Johns out and the Bulldogs saga dragging on and on, can season 2004 still end up as the best ever as was hoped before it started? (that's for league in general, not from a personal point of view because it will be the best season ever for the fans of the team that takes out the comp 8) ).

Paullyboy

Coach
Exactly right greeneyed.

I couldnt care less whats going on in each of the latest bulldogs saga's when I see the mighty Green Machine run out. All I care about is the game come kickoff.

Pigskin

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
As a Roosters fan, things couldn't be better atm. Knocking off the first placed team 35-0 without Wing and co gives me great confidence that we can win the comp.

But for Rugby League in general, season 2004 is off to a poor start. The Bulldogs rape claims aswell as crowd dramas were bad enough as far as off field drama is concerned, but now with Andrew Johns, who is probably the games no.1 marquee player out for the season, even on the field things aren't going too well.

So with Johns out and the Bulldogs saga dragging on and on, can season 2004 still end up as the best ever as was hoped before it started? (that's for league in general, not from a personal point of view because it will be the best season ever for the fans of the team that takes out the comp 8) ).

if Fittler goes down for the season you can't win the comp either :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oink !

gaterooze

Bench
So far, the season has been great and I can see it continuing in the same way -- very close, exciting games, unpredictable matchups, extremely even competition. Lovin' it.

I'm a Knights fan and Joey being out just gives Steve Witt a chance to shine, or for Kurt Gidley to become a superstar.

Nothing's soured for me, I'm really looking forward to my team's challenge this year, and adapting to "life without Joey," which they would have to have done very soon anyway. The Dragons have shown how to compete even better without the big names.

Bring it on!

As a Knights fan I'm finding it difficult to get into the NRL simply because there's no games here. The local competition is getting more of my interest.

singaporeXIII

Juniors
Newcastle have the ANZAC Test to look forward to. I hope the game gets a sell out as it will be a great contest with plenty of young kiwis coming through the ranks in the NRL. Australia's gap of Rugby League dominance is slowly closing in.
I think the Knights first home game is in round 5 to give time for the stadium upgrades to finish.

RLS

Juniors
Everything was looking great until a week before kickoff, then everything went upsidedown, how quickly things can change amazes me.

The refs had it right last year with penalties and so on, but this year so far there are too many penalties for minor things such as lying on a player for 2 - 3 secs. too long, they will give a penalty for that and it can be a disadvantage because the team is on a roll.

In saying that I think most games have been good and I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

Latest posts