What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2004!

thuganomics

Coach
Yea the knights with out Johns, i love it 2 when ppl say that the knights will struggle in a season! Just another person to prove wrong!

Surandy

Bench
PARRA_FAN said:
Punk said:
Routy21 said:
Storm - 3th

Jackass!

Must be typo, I think its meant to say 13th.

LOL 13th? The team that in 2003 beat the premiers both times the teams met? The team that had a bad injury run in 2003? At one point the injury list was longer than the fit list.

The team that beat Parramatta twice last year?

The team that has a fully fit squad with some hot competition for most positions in 2004? The team that will make the top 4 this year?

STORM!!!

Surandy

fatshark

Bench
russell richardson - i hope you are right, he serve well for cronulla and he can only go up, he cant sink any lower than recent form has shown
The guy is the biggest choker of all time. Not only that but he has serious injury concerns. If the bloke makes first grade, the Knights are in deep shit.

simon says

First Grade
I just dont see the Storm making it either.I thought they played out of their skins last year,but I just dont think they can do it again.

They got wasted in the semis,and there are a few teams that were just below them that have improved enough to take their spot IMHO.....teams that didnt make the 8 like Saints,Parra,and even the Cowboys or Tigers.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
I thought they played out of their skins last year

Yet they played with a very depleted team at times. Imagine if that DOESNT happen this year.

They got wasted in the semis

They beat Canberra IN Canberra fairly easy. Very unlucky not to score first against the Dogs. About the only team Storm have trouble with.

I think your all being a little unfair and will be made to eat your words this season. If it is possible to eat words of a PC sreen, that is.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
I thought they played out of their skins last year

Yet they played with a very depleted team at times. Imagine if that DOESNT happen this year.

They got wasted in the semis

They beat Canberra IN Canberra fairly easy. Very unlucky not to score first against the Dogs. About the only team Storm have trouble with.

I think your all being a little unfair and will be made to eat your words this season. If it is possible to eat words of a PC sreen, that is.

simon says

First Grade
Look,I can see where you are coming from.I justy have a gut feeling that they cant produce again.Thise old forwards of theirs ar 1 more year older and more prone to injuries....and guys like Hill,Howe and Ross,well you cant count them being in the team,they are chronically injured.

And I think the Slater factor you had last year will diminish.I think teams wil really pressure him in defense last year,especially if he is in the centres where I think he will be exposed as a poor defender.

Sorry Melbourne fans :cry: :cry:

AdamH

Juniors
Just a question:

Why is it that all of a sudden people are predicting Russell Richardson to have a great year. He's really struggled for a few years so why would he start playing well again now?

MEE

Juniors
AdamH said:
Just a question:

Why is it that all of a sudden people are predicting Russell Richardson to have a great year. He's really struggled for a few years so why would he start playing well again now?
Becasue he won't be playing for Souths.

Anonymous

Juniors
Thats it my pretty's keep writing them off.

We all know deep down they are premiership material.

GO MELBOURNE :twisted:

AdamH

Juniors
my eagle eye said:
AdamH said:
Just a question:

Becasue he won't be playing for Souths.

But he struggled at Cronulla when he was there and they were a good team. Has Richardson been training well in the off-season or something. Just because he's with Newcastle doesn't mean he's going to be amazing again. I could be wrong.

P.S. Melbourne will make the playoffs easily. Too many classy players.

Anonymous

Juniors
fatshark said:
Slater is out for the first few rounds....

Is possibly out for the first few games.

-We have the bye Week 1.

-Slater will not dictate the season on his own. He is no Andrew Johns.

-We have Steve Turner :twisted:

Surandy

Bench
Earl said:
fatshark said:
Slater is out for the first few rounds....

Is possibly out for the first few games.

-We have the bye Week 1.

-Slater will not dictate the season on his own. He is no Andrew Johns.

-We have Steve Turner :twisted:

And Matt King who showed great talent in his four games for the Storm, two of those games being finals. He showed considerable maturity.

simon says said:
....and guys like Hill,Howe and Ross,well you cant count them being in the team,they are chronically injured.

Hmm, when those three players were injured last year was when the junior players really stepped up for the Storm. We made the playoffs even with some players being out of their normal positions. ie Matt Geyer at 5/8, although I would love it if he keeps playing there, Billy Slater at fullback, he really should be in the centres but having played at fullback did help improve his tackling.

If Ross is out then count on Steve Turner taking his place, if Hill is injured then Matt Geyer stays at 5/8 and Dallas Johnson keeps the number 13 jersey (hmm, pretty much like 2003) and if Howe is injured.....remind me again how many games he played for Storm in 2003.

Surandy

Latest posts