What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2019 Predictions

Gronk

Staff member
Foxsports have us finishing 5th.

PREDICTED FINAL LADDER

1 Storm

2 Rabbitohs

3 Roosters

4 Raiders

5 Eels

6 Sea Eagles

7 Knights

8 Panthers

9 Sharks

10 Broncos

11 Cowboys

12 Tigers

13 Dragons

14 Warriors

15 Bulldogs

16 Titans

PREDICTED FINALS SERIES

First qualifying final: Storm (1) v Raiders (4)

First elimination final: Eels (5) v Panthers (8)

Second qualifying final: Rabbitohs (2) v Roosters (3)

Second elimination final: Sea Eagles (6) v Knights (7)

6 Parramatta Eels (20 points, 23 +/-)

Formline (most recent first): WWWLW

Remaining games: Sea Eagles (A), Warriors (H), Dragons (A), Knights (H), Titans (A), Bulldogs (H), Broncos (A), Sea Eagles (H)

Key injuries: Waqa Blake (Round 20), Peni Terepo (suspension — Round 20), Michael Jennings (Round 21), George Jennings (Round 22), Ray Stone (Round 24)

Analysis: There’s some crucial games on the run home which will determine Parramatta’s season. If they can beat the likes of the Sea Eagles, Dragons, and Knights, they well and truly deserve to play finals. They’ve been running hot and at the moment they look like a finals team ... the question will be consistency in the final two months.

Predicted run home: LWWWWWWL

Predicted finish: 5th (32 points)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/bec3e7e9b773d698dc9746fce1186023

hindy111

Post Whore
Where will we finish? 6th

Best player? Jnr Paulo

Biggest disappointment? Prices at new stadium for food

First rookie to make NRL debut? Stephano

Surprise packet? K.Evans

Breakout year? Tepai Moera

Best retention? Gutherson

Biggest name we let go? Moses

Biggest signing? Semi Radradra

Will Brad Arthur be retained, if not who will replace him? 2yr extension

Well I've done ok in this department.

chiefy1

Juniors
Where will we finish?
6th

Best player? Moses

Biggest disappointment? Takairangi

First rookie to make NRL debut?
Utoikamanu
Surprise packet?
Utoikamanu
Breakout year?
Utoikamanu

Best retention?
Moses

Biggest name we let go?
Norman

Biggest signing?
Lane

Will Brad Arthur be retained, if not who will replace him?
Flanagan

6th - close
Moses - he's our best atm imo
Takairangi - well he did play Wenty.
Best retention - Moses, spilt hair between him & Guth

Biggest name ousted - Norman:heavy_check_mark:

Biggest signing - Fergo, Lane close second

Flanno :negative_squared_cross_mark:

Utoikamanu :negative_squared_cross_mark: Big injury set him back 2020 :heavy_check_mark:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Mine is a disaster but generally happy to be proven wrong. I might still snag a couple before years end though.
Any word on Bernies tenure? I understand his contract expires this year?
MJC?

Incorrect

Coach
I haven't looked back through the thread, but from memory Gleneel's predictions that the club would fold, the stadium would burn down and Brad Arthur would be arrested on animal molestation charges aren't looking too flash at the moment... Still time for one of them to happen I guess....

Gronk

Staff member
Mine is a disaster but generally happy to be proven wrong. I might still snag a couple before years end though.
Any word on Bernies tenure? I understand his contract expires this year?
MJC?

Is Bernie Gurr still a scapegoat ?

T.S Quint

Coach
Predicted run home: LWWWWWWL

Predicted finish: 5th (32 points)

So they see us only losing two more games, both against Manly?
As much as I'd love to only lose two more games this year, I really can't see this happening.
Happy to be proven wrong though.

Gronk

Staff member
As much as I'd love to only lose two more games this year, I really can't see this happening.

Yet they have Manly below us in 6th position. They obviously think we have an easier run home.

hindy111

Post Whore

Agree. But was it not hindy111 who predicted we would win 4/5. Did this happen. YES
This prediction was made after we where in our slump.

I reckon from now on end we most likely will win 4 of last 8. But at same time I think we can go undefeated.No reason we can't go into every game with chance of winning.
We do not play Roosters,Souths,Storm or Canberra in Canberra. We are good enough to beat anyone else. Manly are very beatable if we turn up. Of the games left to play beating Manly Brisbane and Knights would be better then Saints,Dogs,Titans....

I always thought we would go on a run from about rnd 13. It's a new team and it's gelling.
Unlike Storm who are at peak we have a half finding his feet and 2 of our best strike weapons and centre pairing out.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yet they have Manly below us in 6th position. They obviously think we have an easier run home.

I'd say so. We play mostly team who are sitting out of the 8, plus Newcastle who seem to be on a bit of a slide. Manly look to be the most competitive team we will play, but as we all know we could easily lose to the Titans, Bulldogs or any of the other teams we are expected to beat.

I haven't looked at Manly's draw but I could only assume they play much more difficult competition than we do on the run home.

T.S Quint

Coach
Agree. But was it not hindy111 who predicted we would win 4/5. Did this happen. YES
This prediction was made after we where in our slump.

I reckon from now on end we most likely will win 4 of last 8. But at same time I think we can go undefeated.No reason we can't go into every game with chance of winning.
We do not play Roosters,Souths,Storm or Canberra in Canberra. We are good enough to beat anyone else. Manly are very beatable if we turn up. Of the games left to play beating Manly Brisbane and Knights would be better then Saints,Dogs,Titans....

I always thought we would go on a run from about rnd 13. It's a new team and it's gelling.
Unlike Storm who are at peak we have a half finding his feet and 2 of our best strike weapons and centre pairing out.

Ii agree, especially with the part in bold.
We should be expected to win most of our games from this point. Problem is how the Eels have historically played when having expectations of winning leaves me (and probably most others) having a laugh at the thought of us only losing two more games.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Is Bernie Gurr still a scapegoat ?
Dunno. Who creates the list? I know he hasnt been popular with some. My thoughts are he will move on at the end of his contract but if hes doing a good job then I hope he stays. Its gone pretty quiet on Markey O and Bernie. Thats not necessarily a bad thing Gronky.

Latest posts