What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2022 Premiers ?

Dragon David

First Grade
I honestly don't think that any other top 8 team would have been able to beat the Panthers tonight.

While the Panthers were dominant tonight in attack and defence, with several key players and their assistant coach Ciraldo leaving, they will still be firing on all 6 cylinders and will be hard to beat and could possibly make it a threepeat.

Gareth67

First Grade
Penrith proved yet again that there is no need for any cheap shots or dirty play in their win tonight .

They played the game the way it was meant to be played - great attacking football and rock solid defence , a great advertisement for the game of rugby league .They have confidence in their ability and above all exuberance in abundance.

Parramatta went there to win , whereas the Panthers went there knowing how to win . Congratulations to the Penrith boys and their legion of fans on their victory. Something tells me that they may go on and win a couple of more in the future .

Last edited:
Penrith proved yet again that there is no need for any cheap shots or dirty play in their win tonight .

They played the game the way it was meant to be played - great attacking football and rock solid defence , a great advertisement for the game of rugby league .They have confidence in their ability and above all exuberance in spades .

Parramatta went there to win , whereas the Panthers went there knowing how to win . Congratulations to the Penrith boys and their legion of fans on their victory. Something tells me that they may go on and win a couple of more in the future .
The gulf at the top compared with the dungeon dwellers is immense. Will 2023 be a year of improvement for the Dragons or another year of disappointment. With the potential squad as it is now, I think the best result will be creeping into the top eight, particularly with the current coach. Hate to be pessimistic but that is the way i see it. Hope to be proved wrong.

Dragons4me

Juniors
They're proof of how to get things right. Just compare Leagues clubs as one example. Sadly ours is an embarrassment by comparison. It used to be the best in the land. Clearly it's a much better run establishment. We could have the same if we had a visionary BOD. We have a famous brand and broad supporter base. It's such a shame.

Well, I couldn't get Imparja on the satellite tv and by the time I'd created a ch 9 account to stream it the game was effectively over at 18-0.
Penrith were clinical, Parra were duds and it was the most boring GF since the last one. I would love to know how many bandwagon-jumping, last-minute purchase Parra jerseys will be hanging up in Op Shops tomorrow.
The other thing is that today I feel really annoyed that irksome, bog-average w@nkers like Stains and Luia have won a premiership (or two) and personal favourites like Nathan Blacklock, Ricky Walford, Brad Mackay, Mark Coyne etc never did. Dunno why, I just feel irked. Moreso than usual.

Gareth67

First Grade
The gulf at the top compared with the dungeon dwellers is immense. Will 2023 be a year of improvement for the Dragons or another year of disappointment. With the potential squad as it is now, I think the best result will be creeping into the top eight, particularly with the current coach. Hate to be pessimistic but that is the way i see it. Hope to be proved wrong.
I am afraid that you are right K.D.S. With our current squad and coach I cannot see the Dragons progressing too much further up the ladder .

It will require a complete change of tactics by the coach and also for the players to be able to believe in themselves .

One thing is certain though and that is that the supporters of this club , badly need something to cheer about .

Dragon David

First Grade
Panthers are too good. They cleaned up in plenty of grades, and they have a good system. I think they will win a 3rd in 2023, and become a dynasty.
I really see this happening Ruby. They have got the structure now to become a dynasty. Three years straight in grand final appearances, winning in all grades this year to ensure that the future is all set for local and external players wanting to stay/join the club salary cap permitting.

A threepeat is definitely on the cards.

Dragon David

First Grade
I am afraid that you are right K.D.S. With our current squad and coach I cannot see the Dragons progressing too much further up the ladder .

It will require a complete change of tactics by the coach and also for the players to be able to believe in themselves .

One thing is certain though and that is that the supporters of this club , badly need something to cheer about .
Each year since 2011 has been the same Gareth for the Dragons and us fans. I had hopes of more success for this year with some of the new guys signed. I didn't expect us appearing in the grand final but somewhere in the top 8. Our years have been really poor and we are still nowhere close to having a team that we can confidently predict winning games not like before many years ago.

The premiers for 2022 deserved to win that's for sure. Minor premiers by a long way and will most probably do the same next year.

My gut feeling for next year will be a Panthers v Bulldogs grand final. A bold prediction I know but Ciraldo knows how to build a winning culture from all the years at the Panthers and he will make sure that his players will become great defenders. They have players who can attack as well.

So congratulations to the Panthers.

How we as fans can get any excitement back depends on someone from the club letting us know what the bloody hell they are aiming to achieve. We just get zilch and it would be good to see some worthy signings to give us some hope for next year to be excited about.

SGMax

Juniors
I hope there's no threepeat as they are losing a few players but I expect them to still be a heavyweight.
I didn't mind the Panthers winning this year as they were the best team all year and also to dilute the Roosters' achievement of going back to back in 2018-19.
Still annoyed that the Tigers are remembered as worthy champions of 2005 when Saints and Parra were clearly the two best teams all year.
Brown let a few opportunities slip with the roster he had back then.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
I really see this happening Ruby. They have got the structure now to become a dynasty. Three years straight in grand final appearances, winning in all grades this year to ensure that the future is all set for local and external players wanting to stay/join the club salary cap permitting.

and here we are, with no hope for 2023

it's f**king depressing

Dragon David

First Grade
and here we are, with no hope for 2023

it's f**king depressing
Well Ruby, I want to be positive and say that our success next year to maybe reach the top 8 will depend on how Hook and the new assistants can get all of our players working in unison to play good consistent football in attack and defence. To me, the new assistants will be the key.
If we win a good share of games at the start of the comp say 6 out of 8 games and against a couple of top 8 teams then we will be doing pretty good. Lose 6 of the first 8 games and curtains for Hook and Co.

Unfortunately, when you realistically compare us against the likes of the Panthers, Storm, Roosters and so on, it is hard to imagine having much success. Just keep on hoping I guess.

BLM01

First Grade

Its funny they said that about the Roosters for 2020

Coffs dragon

Bench
Congratulations to the Panthers and well deserved, they were by far the best team all year. The club is set up to enjoy a successful dynasty.
My only criticism is they need to take a look at Roger Federer and how he shows such humility & good sportsmanship as an absolute Legend in World Sport.
NRL fans will soon get tired of the Panthers brash cockiness.
Sure they are a good footy team, but show some respect and learn from real Champions!

Trifili13

Juniors
Congratulations to the Panthers and well deserved, they were by far the best team all year. The club is set up to enjoy a successful dynasty.
My only criticism is they need to take a look at Roger Federer and how he shows such humility & good sportsmanship as an absolute Legend in World Sport.
NRL fans will soon get tired of the Panthers brash cockiness.
Sure they are a good footy team, but show some respect and learn from real Champions!
Agree. No need to make fun at the opposition after you win any game, let alone a GF. You only look like a d*&#head. I suppose it's the current younger generation that have to show how tough they are. Although I am a Dragon's supporter, I respected the Eels and Dogs teams that dominated the 80s. The Dog's basically had 2 SOO quality packs and would love some cocky Panther's players or any other team for that matter to try the shit they do these days and see how far it would get them. Gillespie, Tunks, Kelly, Robinson, Folkes and Chris and Peter Mortimer would tear them a new one. And don't get me started what the Dragon's pack from the 50s and 60s would do to them along with Poppa Clay.

BLM01

First Grade
Agree. No need to make fun at the opposition after you win any game, let alone a GF. You only look like a d*&#head. I suppose it's the current younger generation that have to show how tough they are. Although I am a Dragon's supporter, I respected the Eels and Dogs teams that dominated the 80s. The Dog's basically had 2 SOO quality packs and would love some cocky Panther's players or any other team for that matter to try the shit they do these days and see how far it would get them. Gillespie, Tunks, Kelly, Robinson, Folkes and Chris and Peter Mortimer would tear them a new one. And don't get me started what the Dragon's pack from the 50s and 60s would do to them along with Poppa Clay.
No diffeernt to the Broncos... St George cant play of the early 90's and an ageing Wille Mason playing for Newcastle telling our forward pack to harden up in a scrum etc
That sort of stuff goes on it is just nowadays all forms of media wait for it and are all over it
It is up to another team to knock them off their cocky perch to quieten them down.. until then it is fair game becuase the alternative is just as loud.
Look at us or the Tigers

Trifili13

Juniors
No diffeernt to the Broncos... St George cant play of the early 90's and an ageing Wille Mason playing for Newcastle telling our forward pack to harden up in a scrum etc
That sort of stuff goes on it is just nowadays all forms of media wait for it and are all over it
It is up to another team to knock them off their cocky perch to quieten them down.. until then it is fair game becuase the alternative is just as loud.
Look at us or the Tigers
I don't agree with what Alfie said, just celebrate your victory, no need to involve the other team. What Willie said I have no issue that's banter on the park and as a first grade player they should have given it to Willie to prove him wrong. At least he was man enough to say it to their faces on the field. Not behind some microphone in your leagues club. And for Geyer to come out and say people should not be offended and it was the alcohol talking, well plenty of other teams have won GFs and their players have celebrated and you didn't see them belittle the losing side.

Latest posts