What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2023

Tigerm

First Grade
From TWT Instagram:
Debuts for the club this year:

Staines
Api
Klemmer
Papi
Tumeth
Wakeham
Bateman
Bula
Da Silva
James
Smith
Reilly
Feledy
Laulilii

Fordy20

Juniors
We lost seven matches by six points or less this season, including the rematch against the Dragons. If we had won all of them, we would have finished tenth on 30 points behind Souths and the Cowboys, but ahead of Canberra and Parra who both would have finished on 28 points.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
We lost seven matches by six points or less this season, including the rematch against the Dragons. If we had won all of them, we would have finished tenth on 30 points behind Souths and the Cowboys, but ahead of Canberra and Parra who both would have finished on 28 points.
And if I had another 0 on my yearly pay cheque I'd be close to a millionaire. Seems like a small thing but we both knows it's poles apart. Same like us being a good enough team to win an extra 7 games.

gordsy

Juniors
Clubs cutting blokes in droves trying to get better and we give the bloke who dresses like his 1920s dick tracy and is driving us towards perpetual shitness another 3 years.

Nutz

Bench
In NRL fantasy there were twelve ½/⅝ who averaged over 50 points per game and we had none.
Closest was AD who scored 45.5 pts and he only played 6 games, Wakeham 41 pts.
Hynes and Cleary 73.9 and 72.8 respectively, that's huge.
It's obvious that our halves were poor.
All positions wise, our best was Bateman 53.8, Papal'i 52.1 and Twal 45.4
Alex last 3 games he averaged 52.7pts so as a reward the club punts him :[
There were too many players who scored poorly including Pole who only managed 34.3 and he played 23 games.
I tipped him to be in SOO contention (train on squad) but he was way off. To his credit he did improve a little averaging 38.3 in his last 3 games.
Bula actually rated poorly due to not playing a full season and it's hard to score fantasy points as a fullback when your getting belted every week.
Other notables who didn't play all season and scored poorly were Tupou, Kepaoa, Seyfarth, Simpkin.
Naden nowhere to be seen?????
Next year we need more players in the 40pts+ bracket. If there are too many players averaging below 40 it will be another shite year.
I know these points are sometimes inconsistent but it is a guide to how we're going.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench

It was time to make a change’: Luke Garner 80 minutes away from joining exclusive NRL group​

I guess he’s the one laughing now.
I met his dad at Suncorp the night where Luke scored and we won. His dad told me a bit about Luke and he was so proud of his boy.
Unfortunately he died and it must have been tough for Luke.
I'm glad he's making a real go if it at the pamfers.

Nutz

Bench
Well our season's over thank god but there is one big game to go for the year.
I'm torn in deciding who to go for in the GF.
I'd like to see Luke do well and for Penrith to make history.
Then we can say the WT were one of the few teams to beat the champions this year.
I've lived in Brisbane for most of my adult life and my missus born and bred up here so it's not hard to go with the flow.
Just hoping this will be a cracker.
Two great modern day teams. Are we going to recruit any of them when Nov 1 comes around?

Tigerm

First Grade
Well our season's over thank god but there is one big game to go for the year.
I'm torn in deciding who to go for in the GF.
I'd like to see Luke do well and for Penrith to make history.
Then we can say the WT were one of the few teams to beat the champions this year.
I've lived in Brisbane for most of my adult life and my missus born and bred up here so it's not hard to go with the flow.
Just hoping this will be a cracker.
Two great modern day teams. Are we going to recruit any of them when Nov 1 comes around?
When’s that game?

Nutz

Bench
Which game? The girls on now, so is the motorgp which gets priority :)
The NRL GF is as follows:
SmartSelect_20231001-152530_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Nutz

Bench
The game live on chan 9 is going to be unbearable to listen too so I'll have Sydney radio going. I wonder if roy and hg are doing it? Ha ha.

Tigerm

First Grade
The game live on chan 9 is going to be unbearable to listen too so I'll have Sydney radio going. I wonder if roy and hg are doing it? Ha ha.
Unfortunately, I won't be watching as I need to cut my nails:(

Tigerm

First Grade

A battle looming.

Interesting tit bit in this article:
The latest of which reportedly came regarding the potential signing of Sean Keppie, with Marshall against Fulton’s plan to lure the Manly prop to the club.

Eventually, Keppie signed with the Rabbitohs and as a result the Tigers retained Alex Twal on a three-year deal.

Nutz

Bench
Guess which try was voted N⁰10 as the most watched for 2023....
Yep you guessed it, our try scoring machine
ALEX KILLER KEBAB TWALLY

Nutz

Bench
During Round 22 Wests Tigers v Souths, Noffa's bad "D" reads, lets in 3 soft tries to practically single handedly give the game to Souths.
Nofoaluma's loan to the storm was the beginning of the end.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Rubbish, it was that tackle and the subsequent happenings with the team in the changing room ..he was fking around way before he went to Melbourne including punishment from sheens for drinking and his comments when he got all the blame for missing tackles which was crap, during his 6 week recovery from concussion..
Who are the degenerates we are putting on a pedestal now .. Naden Kapaoa Twal Tupou and who’s that guy that can run fast on the wing .. put their photos on the wall to inspire future generations. Take off the clubs greats Benji, Farrah and Nofo coz they’re mugs coz of shit that happend at the very end of their careers….something about not taking shit.. who would expect any less from champions. That’s what they do ..Perspective please

Last edited:

Latest posts