What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2023

Tigerm

First Grade
We have a lot of solid young forwards coming through the ranks but it's all for nought if we don't have experienced veterans to bring them through. I think it's better we lay a solid foundation in the forwards by signing experience, then we can concentrate on improving our backline, although I think outside backs is the least of our worries
Understand your thinking, but no use getting there and having no one who can finish it.
Maybe Staines will be the answer?

Tiger Ted

Bench
We have a lot of solid young forwards coming through the ranks but it's all for nought if we don't have experienced veterans to bring them through. I think it's better we lay a solid foundation in the forwards by signing experience, then we can concentrate on improving our backline, although I think outside backs is the least of our worries
Outside backs are massively sub-standard.In saying that if we continue to assemble a pack with mongrel & experience then Api & Hastings should b able to have us playing off the front foot which hopefully could to some degree nullify the ineptitude of the shithouse backline.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
2023 draw is in

Here's what I can extrapolate from it...

We play the following teams twice:

Cowboys
Dragons
Knights
Manly
Raiders
Souths
Storm
Titans

These teams once:

Broncos
Bulldogs
Dolphins
Eels
Panthers
Roosters
Sharks
Warriors

I see 8 home games, 12 away games, and 4 at 'neutral' venues which puts us at a disadvantage.

But we start the season with some 'easier' games (and two at Leichhardt to start the season) so hopefully they fire up in the early rounds and get some wins to get some confidence in the group.

Tigerm

First Grade
2023 draw is in

Here's what I can extrapolate from it...

We play the following teams twice:

Cowboys
Dragons
Knights
Manly
Raiders
Souths
Storm
Titans

These teams once:

Broncos
Bulldogs
Dolphins
Eels
Panthers
Roosters
Sharks
Warriors

I see 8 home games, 12 away games, and 4 at 'neutral' venues which puts us at a disadvantage.

But we start the season with some 'easier' games (and two at Leichhardt to start the season) so hopefully they fire up in the early rounds and get some wins to get some confidence in the group.
Those first 2 games at LO are winnable if the team can actually turn up?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I was hoping that at least one of the times we play a top 4 team would be during state of origin but unfortunately no help there.

If we finish higher than bottom 4 and we don't get bagged every week by the media as being the NRL's basket case team I will be happy.

If we finished 9th I would be thrilled.

8th or higher would take me into the realms of exctacy.

I was hoping that at least one of the times we play a top 4 team would be during state of origin but unfortunately no help there.

If we finish higher than bottom 4 and we don't get bagged every week by the media as being the NRL's basket case team I will be happy.

If we finished 9th I would be thrilled.

8th or higher would take me into the realms of exctacy.
I’d be happy with 16th.

The 2023 season will feature 27 rounds thanks to the new team joining the league. All teams will now have three byes throughout the season.

We’ll at least we will get 6 points next season?
?

I’d rather we let the girls compete during the bye and the mens team get credited if they win.

Call me wokey and I need to be a man and all that shiz but I think it would help the womens game.

Surely our Tigerettes can’t be as bad as the guys?

6631A804-2910-4E27-AE8D-60443E73FFDC.jpeg
source: official site.

I don’t know about anyone else, but players celebrating in the threads, still makes the heart beat a bit faster.

Last edited:

westerntiger

Juniors
Fox staff writers already drafting Tigers in Crisis/Sheens sacked articles for when we lose to the Titans in round 1

Or, bring back Madge? More so if he gets NZ up in the WC.
Madge ball, no.

Dessie my true coaching love and old friend of my sister.

Been a long time. No romance unfortunately or I’d be living on the Northern Beaches.

House across the road, ocean views and 2 swimming pools.

Des sponsoring my lazy life of luxury so I didn’t have to work.

Des and I commuting to coe, Des off to training, me, Lee and Pascoe, having cocktails supervising on the roof.

I’d be giving him tips.

Hey Des, another lap for Blorey
Ask Stef to get me a packet of smokes, run it up here.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

‘We owe them gratitude’: Tigers to take Warriors home game to NZ in ‘gesture of thanks’​

You just know, a win in this game will get us into 8th spot, but the Warriors will give us a flogging 😟
The 3 teams 1 pt behind us all win and knock us back to 12th😥

Last edited: