What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2025

Tigerm

Coach
Thinking ahead atm, but:
A backline with
Bula
Skelton
Olam
Tito
Staines/Lobb
Galvin
Luia

Is not too shabby.

Tiger05

First Grade
Thinking ahead atm, but:
A backline with
Bula
Skelton
Olam
Tito
Staines/Lobb
Galvin
Luia

Is not too shabby.

It's a good backline. In my opinion Staines is miles above Lobb. I can't see Lobb being a consistent first grader and I wasn't considering him as a back-up.

Look at our back-up outside backs as well:- Feledy, Faataape, To’a & Laulilii. I'm also hoping Naden is let go and Doueihi is only considered as a reserve grade edge backrower.

I don't see any excuses for the club or Benji in relation to the roster next season unless we get a terrible run of injuries.

Tigerm

Coach
It's a good backline. In my opinion Staines is miles above Lobb. I can't see Lobb being a consistent first grader and I wasn't considering him as a back-up.

Look at our back-up outside backs as well:- Feledy, Faataape, To’a & Laulilii. I'm also hoping Naden is let go and Doueihi is only considered as a reserve grade edge backrower.

I don't see any excuses for the club or Benji in relation to the roster next season unless we get a terrible run of injuries.
I put Lobb there, because of his size (196cm & 101 kg) and he is a GK.
I’ll stand corrected, but this is his first year playing at the NRL, so he can only get better.
Certainly Staines has retained his place for now.

Nutz

Bench

Agree.
Lobb is good under high ball and a depth player but that's about it.
I'm hoping young Luke Lauliiiiiii will get more games and develop into a first grader.
To'a has had a crap year with injuries.
Agree that Naden should go but I'm sitting on the fence with AD as he's already signed for next year and the club loves him. He could be our best back, who knows.
We'll just have to see how it pans out.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Agree.
Lobb is good under high ball and a depth player but that's about it.
I'm hoping young Luke Lauliiiiiii will get more games and develop into a furst grader.
To'a has had a crap year with injuries.
Agree that Naden should go but I'm sitting on the fence with AD as he's already signed for next year and the club loves him. He could be our best back, who knows.
We'll just have to see how it pans out.

I reckon Laulilii is a chance of displacing Staines but at this point I think he needs more time. That could change though. To'a has the ability to push his way back into that side and he can play on a wing and in the centres. There will also be injuries.

I can't believe the club resigned AD. The guy has an awesome upside but I think players like him are why we are so crap. He has been paid big dollars, kills it every so often and then plays like a piece of shit most of the time. He could be an okay signing if we didn't have a surplus of players we are trying to get rid of.

It will be interesting how it pans out. If AD can fix his defense and I have seen moments where he does defend well he might make it in the centres but I'm so sick of the guy because he gets your hopes up and then plays like shite. Can you remember when he came back this season. I stated the guy can be awesome and someone said when. I was proved right his first game back. He looked great. Since that one game he has been awful.

Nutz

Bench
I reckon Laulilii is a chance of displacing Staines but at this point I think he needs more time. That could change though. To'a has the ability to push his way back into that side and he can play on a wing and in the centres. There will also be injuries.

I can't believe the club resigned AD. The guy has an awesome upside but I think players like him are why we are so crap. He has been paid big dollars, kills it every so often and then plays like a piece of shit most of the time. He could be an okay signing if we didn't have a surplus of players we are trying to get rid of.

It will be interesting how it pans out. If AD can fix his defense and I have seen moments where he does defend well he might make it in the centres but I'm so sick of the guy because he gets your hopes up and then plays like shite. Can you remember when he came back this season. I stated the guy can be awesome and someone said when. I was proved right his first game back. He looked great. Since that one game he has been awful.
Yeh that sound about right Tiger.
My take on AD is since he returned to the Tigers from Souths he's played in a crap team or should I say very unbalanced teams.
AD came as a bit of a savior and he tried to act like that.
However, his willingness often stifles attack by not passing. His defense is sus too and needs to be a tad faster.
The upside is next year the roster is a better one. If we recruit a first class middle then I think AD will hopefully fit into a backline that will hold their own.
He should be doing a lot more straightening the attack and draw and pass rather than trying to beat the opposition on the outside (too slow).
The club signed him on a budget contract to see if he can fit into the new system and also stay fit.

Nutz

Bench
I put Lobb there, because of his size (196cm & 101 kg) and he is a GK.
I’ll stand corrected, but this is his first year playing at the NRL, so he can only get better.
Certainly Staines has retained his place for now.
Next year, unless there are changes, we'll have a plethora of halves and wingers. We'll be fine in the 9's ;)
Lauliiiiiiiiii
Staines
Skelton
Taruva
Lobb
To'a
Jimmy Ngutlik (I still believe he's goodin)
Luai
Galvin
Fainu
Sullivan
Sezer (maybe)

Latest posts