What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ticket holders...

paulb88

Juniors
I'll admit that after a performance like today, I wouldn't care where I was watching the game, but here is a question for Eels season ticket holders. What were your thoughts on the home game being held at ANZ instead of Parramatta. And your thoughts on Dennis wanting five games held at ANZ next season. From talking to many season ticket holders today, it was clear to me that the majority were not impressed, including myself

My tickets at Parramatta are right on the 40m line undercover, but today I was sitting in what felt like an oven on the 25m line. I feel kinda ripped off and that I did not get what I paid for, especially considering there were so many empty seats.

Do you think that having the game at ANZ and not in front of what would have been a packed Parra stadium could have contributed to the Eels first half? I'm sure they would have been much more fired up in front of a packed home stadium

Anyways, I could be totally wrong.

fish eel

Immortal
paulb88 said:
I'll admit that after a performance like today, I wouldn't care where I was watching the game, but here is a question for Eels season ticket holders. What were your thoughts on the home game being held at ANZ instead of Parramatta. And your thoughts on Dennis wanting five games held at ANZ next season. From talking to many season ticket holders today, it was clear to me that the majority were not impressed, including myself

My tickets at Parramatta are right on the 40m line undercover, but today I was sitting in what felt like an oven on the 25m line. I feel kinda ripped off and that I did not get what I paid for, especially considering there were so many empty seats.

Do you think that having the game at ANZ and not in front of what would have been a packed Parra stadium could have contributed to the Eels first half? I'm sure they would have been much more fired up in front of a packed home stadium

Anyways, I could be totally wrong.

My preference will always be for Parramatta to play in Parramatta. That is our home.

If, we were to play 5 games, I wouldnt renew. Not out of a protest, but because Parramatta is so close to home....a short walk, I can get home from work late on a friday or go out and get home close to kick off on a weekend and still make the match. Couldnt be so flexible for homebush and monday night games would be out.

Putting aside the financial reasons.....would 25K be considered a success, given when the announcement was made, fitzy said it was so more people could see the game. Take away a couple of thousand ANZ members, a greater than normal number of opposition fans and you've got a gull house at Parra.

Nikki

Coach
I have heard there were a few issues with allocation of seats tonight. Just watching back the NYC game and they focus on some Parra fans, who are obvioulsy having issues with their seats and have the Customer Service ppl looking after them! GOLD!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jono

Juniors
I must admit that I felt flat at 5.15pm , the atmosphere just wasn't there , and blowed if I thought there were 25000 there .
Happy with my seat allocation though , on 45m mark to the north and west side 25 rows back.
But probably happier to stay at Parra stadium

Nikki

Coach
Just another thing, I know I have stated in the past I am not a fan of it, but there was no team song after our win today. We shoulda been rocking that stoopid stadium with that song!

I am not a fan of it from the outset.

But what particularly annoyed me, was 2 things:

First, I saw more Bulldogs merchandise for sale inside the ground.

Secondly, and more importantly, the Bulldogs had a stall set up the front for a membership drive. If it is meant to be our home game, then they shouldn't have been there.

Gronk

Staff member
I posted this last night in the other thread..

OK so we got to ANZ tonight and found that our 3 season tickets (which are all in a row @ Parra) have been allocated 2 seats in ailse 107 and another in 127 !

F#ck that so we all piled in row 107. We saw a Customer Service lady from Stadium Australia walking around so one of us approached her about the mess up. Quick as a flash she reallocated us new seats a row down and placed stickers on our season tickets listing out new numbers. All good.

Our seats are not under cover like our long term seats @ Parra, but she said that she'll fix that next week with new seats half a dozen rows back. All good x 2.

I've been a season ticket holder @ Parra since 1986 when the Queen opened it and we flogged the dragons - and have a sterling silver Eels key chain to prove it - but I reckon it wasn't all that bad tonight. The 25,000 was uncongested and the trains worked well. Beer was cold (but a tad raypricey).

You know what ? If we need to move full time to ANZ for financial reasons, I'll be the first one to back them.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam said:

Secondly, and more importantly, the Bulldogs had a stall set up the front for a membership drive. If it is meant to be our home game, then they shouldn't have been there.

some facts on this one -
there were 4 merchandise booths set up within the stadium. parra had 3, the dogs had 1.
also there was a parra merch booth set up outside the stadium on the east side.

on friday night, same deal. souths had 3 booths, the roosters had 1.

so not sure what the deal is here between the clubs. maybe they have reached an agreement where they will share the merch outlets, so maybe parra will get a booth when we play the dogs away at ANZ later in the season.
otherwise, would assume that mr. fit$y woud have rented one booth to the mutts and taken some $$$ of them.

Gronk

Staff member
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam said:

I've never been a fan of ANZ but if it means that we can walk away from there with $$$ in our clubs pockets then it's all good.

What I don't get is why the Parra Trust (and SCG Trust for that matter) make it so expensive for clubs which effects our bottom line. Souths had to flick SFS because the high rent meant that they mosty made a loss on a home game. At ANZ they make a tidy profit. Go figure.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Taking 5 games to ANZ is too much.
I can live with 2 games but not 5. I can see what fitzy is trying to do though. Have 7 games sold out at Parra stadium, and average 25K at ANZ. The more games we play there the more $$$ we get. So where do we draw the line? Next year, our CEO will tell us that playing 8 games a year at ANZ is more financially beneficial to the club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
there was a major problem with several season ticket holders last night and I'm told by an independendant source that it was an NRL problem rather an eels problem.

the night before there was an issue with 6 Souths season tickets, yesterday there was an issue with probably 50 eels STH's.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Stagger eel said:
there was a major problem with several season ticket holders last night and I'm told by an independendant source that it was an NRL problem rather an eels problem.

the night before there was an issue with 6 Souths season tickets, yesterday there was an issue with probably 50 eels STH's.

People were allocated wrong seats by our club.The first time our club sent season tickets, I was 2 bays away from my mate who sit next to me in the KT stand. I had to ring the club up and ask them to re-issue the ticket. I was told that there were a number of seats that were printed incorrectly. My mate had to pick his ticket on gameday.

The thing that pissed me off the most, was that Kirra chick who works in the eels office promised to mail correct tickets out 2 weeks before kickoff. When we rang up 2 days before the game to check, she then told my mate he could pick them up on gameday. What was he supposed to do if he never called up. FMD, thats just not good enough if they want us to renew each year!

Glenn

First Grade
No problems with the seat alloactaion @ Stadium Aus about roughly halfway between the half and 40m line, Eastern Side, Station End. :D
Rather annoyed to see the Dogs having a merchandise booth and membership booth there, now will that be reciprocated for the Dogs home game?
Obviously Parramatta Stadium is the spiritual soul, but got more to Stadium Aus than what is possible at Parramatta plus the reported incentives from the Stadium itself can see why the move to 5 home games Stadium Australia.

paulb88

Juniors
Well a few things that I did not mention are that...

a) We had our season tickets printed incorrectly and needed them to be re-issued; they did get here with a few days to go so that one isnt a big issue

b) If five games are to be played at ANZ next year, thats $75 in parking that I would not have to pay if i were to get dropped off at Parramatta Stadium

I'm not trying to be a cheap skate but if i have to dish out 75 bucks more than if we were to play at Parra; maybe i'll consider just staying home and watching it on foxtel.

Hellsy

Immortal
The allocation of seats was f**ked up.
If we did have to play more games out of there then the club should do the decent thing and let us buy tickets of our preference, and not force us into seats that are sh*t by comparison to our seats at Parra.
I sit on the 50m line and I was shoved down near the 40m line, I don't pay top f**ken dollar in ST's to sit in lower class seats at ANZ.

Plus 2 of our 4 tix didnt work at the gates and the silly bitch at the gate told us we were at the wrong entry..... she clearly couldn't read.

emjaycee

Coach
I didnt mind the location of my seats, but not happy when someone else turned up with the same seat number on one of his tix as one of mine. Turns out they are also the same for PS games. I emailed the Gameday@parraeels.com and got confirmation by 10am that mine are okay and the other guys are wrong.

I sure dont want to share my Parra Stadium seat with him in the event of a full house cause he was a large boy :D

Also, not sure about playing more games at Homebush next year and beyond. While it is quicker for me to get there than it is to get to Parra, I have to drive because there is no bus and no easy train (I live at North Ryde so its only 10 mins down Ryde Road) but this means parking each time as well which is an extra cost I would rather not have.

eelz47

Coach
Nikki said:
Just another thing, I know I have stated in the past I am not a fan of it, but there was no team song after our win today. We shoulda been rocking that stoopid stadium with that song!

yes this pissed me off!!!!!

and the seating was scattered all over the place, a bloke at parra whom sits on left at parra on the fence by 10 seats was 15 to my right, etc etc. it dont like it

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ive got seats in the Cronin Stand, but Saturday night I was only 18 rows from the front. I wasnt happy with my seats.

Why couldnt they have given us the option of chosing where to sit at ANZ.

Anyway ANZ Stadium is sh*tt, if they want to move 5 games, it would be disgraceful, if it means keeping us financial, fair enough but for us fans we should chose where to sit at ANZ.

It just didnt feel like home, cant wait for next Friday night to watch the Eels at their real home ground. Surely we'd get 15,000+ to this game.