What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons gone..

Craigshark

First Grade
Simmons is crap.. Cant tackle, cant catch and he runs like he is scared.. He may have scored a 90m try but any player with a bit of speed would have scored that..
Nutley gave away his usual penalties, late in the tackle count also..
Isemonger cant catch the ball..
Bird cant catch the ball..
Gallen needs to learn how to hold on to the ball..
Vagana, once again was ordinary..
Bickerstaff was ordinary..
Galloway was average..

And last but not least Hampsted, the touch judges and Mick Stone are absoloute wankers.. Yes i know we lost, but how the hell can you award a try to one team which has a heap of doubt and then say Refs Call about another to the other team.. So many frusturating penalties, which only seemed to go to one side.. :x So sick of the refereeing..
All in all, we left our run to late, we had our chances throughout the year and didnt take them.. We should have been in the 8 before this week by beating teams like Souths, Parramatta, Melbourne, Tigers and the Cowboys, but we didnt..
After tonights performance i am very dissapointed, i thought we played well in patches but crap in others just like nearly every other week of the Competition.. Unfortunatley if you think about IF we could just play like we did against the Broncos and the Roosters every week, we would win so many more matches, but the crap we have dished up is only gonna lose us games..
Cant wait until next year already.. Hopefully its better then this year..

Deano

Juniors
I'm sick and tired of people criticising Vagana when our playmakers need to give him the bloody ball in space and not just hospital passes. 13 tackles just 1 miss a much improved effort in defence. I completely agree however on Simmo, Bickers, Galloway, Nutley, Bird and Gallen.

Vagana was ordinary today though. Agree 100% he needs more ball but when he got it looked like doing nothing. That try which went to Refs call shouldnt have even got that far, Vagana had poor ball security and lost the ball!

warren

Juniors
we bring it on ourselves. we are the most ill-dicsiplined side in the NRL. it makes it harder for the referee, which then puts him under tonnes of pressure and forces stupid penalties.

We had the good side of the ref tonight if anything, alot of times he held down tackled players for to long IMO, living on the dangerous side. Nutley, 3 penalties in a row, he's got heart, but he seriously needs to contain himself

Anonymous

Juniors
I thought Vagana did well tonight. He was doing what we've all been asking him to do - get in the middle and go sniffing for the ball.

A lot of work needs to be done in the off-season. Basic ball handling drills - top priority!

Sharkie73

Bench
SATW he never used to be that ill dicsiplined untill change of Coach a coulple of years ago as a matter of fact the hole team became very Ill dicsiplined about the same time. It is getting better the dicsipline hopfully next year things will be right.

et

Juniors
Sharkies all the Way said:
We had the good side of the ref tonight if anything, alot of times he held down tackled players for to long IMO, living on the dangerous side. Nutley, 3 penalties in a row, he's got heart, but he seriously needs to contain himself
I agree, Hampstead's the best towards us of anyone. If we held down like that in the finals we would have been totally gone.

Yes 1973 I agree, we have improved dicsipline wise ever since the Cowboys game at the start of the season. But in the last two weeks that has stopped, more than likely because we were in pressure games.

et

Juniors
Did anyone else think Raper might have sent out instructions with about 20 to go to score more tries in response to the Raiders game? It seemed we went crazy all of a sudden, chip-kicks and risky passes, and that was the end ultimately.

Id imagine he would have, and he should have. Raiders were winning by like 20+ points, we had to either score heaps or lose. Not point winning by 2 points if Canberra won by 30.

Deano

Juniors
Tending to an injured hamstring behind a pack of halfwits who couldn't control the ball methinks.

I would be happy if i never saw Nutley, Isemonger, Bickerstaff in shark colors again lets start with Isemonger & Bickerstaff, they have to be among the most ordinary 2nd rowers going around, do they know how to make a line break they never threaten the line in attack or defence, they produce very few dominate tacles sooner there gone the better.

Nutley he was a disgrace how many pentalties can he give away, then he was outplayed by a guy in his first year Scott Tronc, popped more quality offloads in one game then Nutley all year, can him offload him, he is a waste of space

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Sharkies all the Way said:
Id imagine he would have, and he should have.
If Raper was the same age as you are SATW, then yes, I would expect that.
If however, he was a professional NRL coach, he should have had one clear instruction.
Get the result, & let the score look after itself.

We can now see why experienced professionals have a different point of view.

If Raper was the same age as you are SATW, then yes, I would expect that.
If however, he was a professional NRL coach, he should have had one clear instruction.
Get the result, & let the score look after itself.

Yes, lets grind away at the opposition to get a hard fort win, more than likely by a close margine meanwhile oh yea, Canberra are thumping Souths by 20+ points :roll: . Their intentsity seemed to raise towards the end of the game so it appeared the call may have gone out ;-). We musnt forget also that Raper did say he would tell the players if Tigers lost - he musnt be a professional then aye Reefy :shock:

We can now see why experienced professionals have a different point of view.

Your essentially calling yourself as a professional :lol: :clap: . Ah, good old commedy after a disappointing loss. Back to MSN Reefy

et said:
Did anyone else think Raper might have sent out instructions with about 20 to go to score more tries in response to the Raiders game? It seemed we went crazy all of a sudden, chip-kicks and risky passes, and that was the end ultimately.

Yeah, I noticed that. We would have been better playing for field position than throwing the ball around like Harlem Globetrotter's. Stuff the Raiders result we should have played for the win. Instead we tried to play one day cricket footy, and handed the game to Cowboys on a platter.

Latest posts