What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final week 2 Vs Brisbane

Pomoz

Bench
Gus, after round 3, tweeted that the Penrith club will never blame or criticise referees. Now if they are going down this route whilst fully knowing that other clubs will be doing the opposite, then it's quite clear that they don't really want to win a competition. Because if other teams are doing what you call 'alerting' referees of certain things and we aren't doing the same thing, what do you think will happen?

And when did I "bag kids"?The club is making it harder for these "kids" to win because other clubs will be scratching and screaming for more and more decisions whilst we won't be doing anything.

You really need to stop twisting words.
You have a logical fallacy there. You have concluded that if this happens (we publicly refuse to bag the refs), then that leads to this outcome (we desire to win less). There is no proven correlation between the two. Clearly as a club we don't think it is appropriate to criticise refs and that has nothing to do with a desire to win.

You could equally conclude that critiquing the refs is likely to decrease our chance of winning. I have no proof of correlation either.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
You have a logical fallacy there. You have concluded that if this happens (we publicly refuse to bag the refs), then that leads to this outcome (we desire to win less). There is no proven correlation between the two. Clearly as a club we don't think it is appropriate to criticise refs and that has nothing to do with a desire to win.

You could equally conclude that critiquing the refs is likely to decrease our chance of winning. I have no proof of correlation either.
So you don't think coaches and captains intend to complain to/about referees so they can get more decisions go their way?

Because I can name several instances of this occurring with results coming their way, for teams we were playing alone.

How many times has a Croker, Cooper or who ever complained to referees at half time to result in completely crushing us in the second half with 50/50's and penalties?

If Penrith truly wanted to win a competition they would have taken these measures as well to avoid getting dicked every week.

Coaches don't complain in press conferences for no reason.They know what they're doing.Watch their next game and see how they are refereed.Paul Green complained and watch how the Cowboys were refereed the next week against us.Look at everything they got away with.Look at Moylan being penalised despite being metres behind the kicker and how we conceded the next set as a result.

Now if Penrith view this as immoral and 'cheating' despite other clubs doing it, then it's quite clear they want to remain "appropriate" rather than give themselves the best chance of winning.So yes that means we "desire to win less".

This isn't a logical fallacy, that's just not being deluded.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
So, according to you we aren't serious about winning a Premiership because we haven't got a captain who complains on the field and we don't have a coach who whinges in the post-match press conference? You are a fool. Stick to gaming.

forby

Juniors
The club has a duty to The future of the game, and developing officials is just as important as players. No officials, no junior games, no future! I totally agree with the club's stance on this issue!
It is a poor reflection on the game when coaches have to resort to criticizing officials to justify their teams ill discipline.

So, according to you we aren't serious about winning a Premiership because we haven't got a captain who complains on the field and we don't have a coach who whinges in the post-match press conference? You are a fool. Stick to gaming.
He is carrying on but their is a small bit of truth to it. Coaches whinging does have an effect imo

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
He is carrying on but their is a small bit of truth to it. Coaches whinging does have an effect imo
In years and eras gone by it did. Not so much now for me. Didn't help Barrett this year. There's a time and a place for it but for serial offenders like Stuart nobody takes any notice. The more experienced coaches don't do it so much these days.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Wow, you made an abbreviation for me?Aww, thanks sweety.

Here, I'll make one for you.

POS.

Don't make me send you away for a couple of weeks embarrassed again just because I spoke to you like the slow learner you are.

Kind Regards, <3 TEG <3

xoxo

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Seriously, get help. It can't be healthy living under that level of delusion. Do you check under your bed for refs at night? Do you write FRF fan fiction with you as the hero, vanquishing your foes for "weeks" with your cutting mix of whining and the vocabulary of a five year old?

tripster

Juniors
Seeing as this thread is now mostly about refereeing, can I just say how refreshing it has been in the past few finals games for the referees to below almost no penalties (last nights game between the Roosters and Cowboys being a perfect example).

No doubt it is a conscious decision made in finals time (the same with SOO) to avoid blowing penalties unless absolutely necessary.

The ruck wasn't much different to a normal game, but instead without the referees blowing penalties every 5 minutes the game was able to flow and the better team was the definite victor by the end (as opposed to one team being given a massive leg up at key moments).

Why can't they ref like that every week? If it can be done during finals there is no reason it can't be done the rest of the time.

OldPanther

Coach
Seeing as this thread is now mostly about refereeing, can I just say how refreshing it has been in the past few finals games for the referees to below almost no penalties (last nights game between the Roosters and Cowboys being a perfect example).

No doubt it is a conscious decision made in finals time (the same with SOO) to avoid blowing penalties unless absolutely necessary.

The ruck wasn't much different to a normal game, but instead without the referees blowing penalties every 5 minutes the game was able to flow and the better team was the definite victor by the end (as opposed to one team being given a massive leg up at key moments).

Why can't they ref like that every week? If it can be done during finals there is no reason it can't be done the rest of the time.
Because coaches would take advantage of it.

Yep. It absolutely wouldn't last. You can get away with it for short periods because coaches aren't planning for it in their training during the off season and through the normal season.

Latest posts