What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra

Avenger

Immortal
I dare say the Magistrate adjourned the matter until Thursday so that a reasonable explanation can be provided. If there is a no show or the explanation is not accepted an arrest warrant will be issued by the Court.

Gronk

Staff member
We'll see Semi in a drongos jersey before we see Hunt in a Parra jersey. :rolleyes:

I don't buy the Broncos scenario. The only reason why Semi won't be with us in 2017 is because the NRL de-registered him.

So he might go and play rugby in 2017 and then sign for Brisbane in 2018, but we can't stop that.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2016/11/28/a_message_from_our_c.html

A Message from our CEO regarding Semi Radradra
Mon 28th November, 03:00PM

1480304212496.jpg

Parramatta National Rugby League Club Chief Executive Bernie Gurr made the following statement today regarding Semi Radradra.

“The Parramatta National Rugby League Club was informed by Semi Radradra last Wednesday that it was his understanding from family, including his mother, that his father was gravely ill.

"In consultation with his legal team and Semi’s management, the Club granted Semi compassionate leave to return home to Fiji. This was granted on the proviso that Semi and his management complied with any requirements from the court.

"The Club understands the stress a family illness can provide and at all times we are considerate of the welfare of both Semi and his family.

"On Friday 25 November 2016 the court confirmed that the hearing would proceed on Monday 28 November 2016 and that, subject to the delivery of supporting documentation around the seriousness of the illness of Semi’s father, that Semi was obligated to appear in court.

"Our Club supported this reasonable position of the court.

"With today’s court ruling whereby Semi has been issued with a warrant, suspended until Wednesday 30 November 2016, we continue to work with Semi’s manager to ensure Semi is in compliance with all future court requests.”

Ivor

Juniors
The sooner we cut ties with this latest idiot the better. Imagine what the boys are thinking whilst sweating their arses of during pre season training?

f**k him off.

I agree. He's the best winger in the game; the best we've had since Eric Grothe senior. So he'll be a big loss. But he doesn't want to be here. Piss him off. I've had enough of idiots at this club. Sandow, Foran. That's enough.

woddy

Juniors
I don't buy the Broncos scenario. The only reason why Semi won't be with us in 2017 is because the NRL de-registered him.

So he might go and play rugby in 2017 and then sign for Brisbane in 2018, but we can't stop that.

You could be right and semi could end up still in a drongos jumper in the big house.. I can't see any sense in what he or his lawyers are doing at all.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i don't think we have enough grounds to sack him without us still having to pay him and it counting in the cap

El Diablo

Post Whore
the NRL will say it's not their decision to make unless he is found guilty

and unless he is found guilty we have no legitimate reason to sack him

Noise

Coach
There's an interesting thread on the filthy spammers from a guy (who seems legal minded) who was at the court today. Most interesting was that the prosecutors on Friday asked for the matter to be adjourned and not set for today which was denied. Even Semis barrister wanted it heard today. Their witnesses didn't show up today and the judge hinted that he would have dismissed the case if Semi had shown up.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
I have had enough of semi's crap.

Just saw the news with poor old brad arthur being hounded by journos about why he wasnt in court. That to me is the final straw. BA has had to deal with enough shit this year and when i just saw that then i have had enough. Punt him no matter how good a footballer he is we dont need anymore drama queens.

Noise

Coach
I have had enough of semi's crap.

Just saw the news with poor old brad arthur being hounded by journos about why he wasnt in court. That to me is the final straw. BA has had to deal with enough shit this year and when i just saw that then i have had enough. Punt him no matter how good a footballer he is we dont need anymore drama queens.

I agree. The problem is BA/Parra have let this all happen by continually giving him permission to take off over seas and then often re-negotiate his return date while his team mates are back here doing the hard yards.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There's an interesting thread on the filthy spammers from a guy (who seems legal minded) who was at the court today. Most interesting was that the prosecutors on Friday asked for the matter to be adjourned and not set for today which was denied. Even Semis barrister wanted it heard today. Their witnesses didn't show up today and the judge hinted that he would have dismissed the case if Semi had shown up.

Everything you just posted was from the article about a page back and Semi knew they had no witnesses the day before he flew out which is rather mind boggling.

Nothing new here.

However I dont believe a magistrate would hint which way a case could have gone without hearing any arguments.

Latest posts