What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SERIOUS candidates to replace Ox

MONY

Juniors
cronk has scored the final try of the game on a number of occasions for the storm when he comes off the bench with say 20 min to go.....

shadow grinder said:
well thats your opinion....

just like the knights johns wont be around forever ethier....and a young guy will have to take over.

cronk wont do it over night...and he wont win us a grand final in his first year at half...but he will grow as a player.

I also think you are over-rating orford a bit...he is nowhere near as good as you think he is IMO.

Orford is nowhere near as good ???....wake up !!!!... :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

you're the one who needs waking up. Orford can be a very good halfback but he certainly goes MIA a hell of a lot more often. He's totally over rated.

lotti

Bench
Matt Kicks, scores tries, sets up tries, tackles. We're going to miss the Ox. How many clubs make the finals year 1? The Dragons don't count.

shadow grinder

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Orford is nowhere near as good ???....wake up !!!!... :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

i siad nowhere near as god AS YOU THINK....genius.

you all think he is the best half in the f**king world....

die.

Thunderstruck said:
you're the one who needs waking up. Orford can be a very good halfback but he certainly goes MIA a hell of a lot more often. He's totally over rated.

Would you still be saying this if he was staying with us ???...perhaps if he had Hilly there to support to him then he might not go MIA.

Take a chill pill Thunderchuck...

shadow grinder

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Would you still be saying this if he was staying with us ???...perhaps if he had Hilly there to support to him then he might not go MIA.

Take a chill pill Thunderchuck...

shift all the blame to hill...sick of this hill bashers...:roll:

if you are to blind or dumb to see that orford has been MIA this year then tough titties...you keep believing that its all hills fault...but ill have a smile on my face when we finally see orford leave.

lotti

Bench
Thunderstruck said:
Thunderstruck there's a reason why Manly and Souths wanted to steal him away from us(Manly did in the end) he's a great half back, Souths wanted a half back that knows the job, Manly wanted him so they can have a back-up kicker and to give Monas a break.

lotti

Bench
Nope, Cronk is ours. Unlike Manly Melbourne doesn't get rid of very promising half backs for cost a plenty jokes.

lotti said:
Thunderstruck there's a reason why Manly and Souths wanted to steal him away from us(Manly did in the end) he's a great half back, Souths wanted a half back that knows the job, Manly wanted him so they can have a back-up kicker and to give Monas a break.
Yeah, the reason is they kept missing the fact that he goes missing a lot of the times when the Storm needed him to fire up and that he's extremely gun shy when faced with a much better halfback. Also, he goes underground whenever rep jersey gets mentioned.

As far as kicking goes, you're kidding. The guy's on 60%, he's not worth getting for his goal kicking rate. You got Michael Witt who's been converting them all season long, Orford only does it mostly from right in front or near the posts and he only kicks from his good side. Not because Bellamy made him share the duties but it's why we have Cam kicking from the other side

shadow grinder said:
shift all the blame to hill...sick of this hill bashers...:roll:

if you are to blind or dumb to see that orford has been MIA this year then tough titties...you keep believing that its all hills fault...but ill have a smile on my face when we finally see orford leave.

Not saying that it is all Hill's fault but how can Orford settle his combinations when Hilly is in and out...as for having a smile on ya face...yes Orford has gone MIA but it is better than having a half back that is a clear pretender to Ox.

Don't get me wrong, Orford is not my favorite player but Cronk will do no better.. :cool:

Surandy

Bench
kia ora storm said:
Not saying that it is all Hill's fault but how can Orford settle his combinations when Hilly is in and out...as for having a smile on ya face...yes Orford has gone MIA but it is better than having a half back that is a clear pretender to Ox.

Don't get me wrong, Orford is not my favorite player but Cronk will do no better.. :cool:

I look forward to you eating your words next season. :D

MONY

Juniors
what happens WHEN hill gets injured and geyer is no longer there to play in the no.6.