What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seriously getting annoyed

gsweeper

Juniors
I need to vent this, it is really annoying that everywhere i go i get the same reaction from people.

Firstly; What Melbourne did tonight was nothing short of remarkable, you have to remember, these players are human beings, they are not machines. These players went to hell and back this week, and i don't give a sh*t if they are fielding an illegal team, the amount of emotional and mental turmoil these players have faced in the past week is enough to make many crumble. You can flame me all you want, i couldn't care, I am not saying they are in the right, as a matter of fact i completely support the punishment given and think the ADMINISTRATION is a bunch of corrupt pricks who screwed up the club. The point I am trying to make is that the mental and emotional obstacles they overcame tonight was amazing, and I am sick of people cutting me off and saying "omg they were fielding an illegal team, just give the points to the warriors". Yes, the warriors have every right to complain, and it is up to them what they do, which brings me to my second point.

If my team lost against the Storm but was gifted the two points, or if we were guaranteed the two points I would not support that decision (and i'm sure i'll get flamed for this also). I could not give a sh*t if Melbourne were fielding an illegal team, we beat them last year with an understrength side and many teams have also beat them. If we lose to them, we lose to them. Now i can understand how this could affect the chances of teams in making the finals, but it is just my opinion.

Now please, don't get me wrong, what they did was stupid, reckless and extremely moronic, but when you look at this group of boys/men, many of whom i'm sure were completely unaware of what was happening, you have to give them credit for what they did tonight. Now they deserve what they got, although i'm sure there were other ways around it, but I refuse to badmouth the players or the coach.

Now for those of you that are going to have a go at me for writing this, realise that this is MY opinion, I am not speaking for anyone else but myself, and if Melbourne continue to play like this for the rest of the season I will continue to stand and applaud, even if it comes to costing my team points, why? Because they are now at a bigger disadvantage than any other team, they have no incentive as a team, nothing to play for at all, only individual goals to keep them going.

So now that i've got that out i'm a little less angry, and please if you are going to have a go at me, please respect my opinions as I would continually respect others, no matter how absurd their opinions are.

innsaneink

Referee
As Elliott said, theyve nothing to Lose now...who knows what they will be capable of?
The talent we all know they posses...you can pretend that isnt illegally assembled, but when I'm impressed by the play they perfornm and then remember that it was illegally put together, it angers me.

As Elliott said, theyve nothing to Lose now...who knows what they will be capable of?
The talent we all know they posses...you can pretend that isnt illegally assembled, but when I'm impressed by the play they perfornm and then remember that it was illegally put together, it angers me.

Mate,, you give us the Cronulla players, and we'll still beat yas.

gsweeper

Juniors

Yes, I understand where you are coming from, and completely agree. But i think the mental/emotional state of a team overrides any physical/skill advantage they have. I am not disputing the fact that what they are achieving is with an illegal team, I am applauding the fact that what they are achieving is breaking through those emotional and mental obstacles to put in a performance like that. That is the real accomplishment

Dragon

Coach
Sweet so if Dogs miss the 8 by 2 points due to a loss to the (illegal) storm we wont have you whinging? Good to know

gsweeper

Juniors
Sweet so if Dogs miss the 8 by 2 points due to a loss to the (illegal) storm we wont have you whinging? Good to know

Yep, it is a game, I have a long life ahead of me which equates to many more opportunities to watch my team play finals football, why have a whine when you can show some self respect and be mature about it?

Just got back from the game..the boys played well and you could feel the tension in the crowd prior to the game.

The Storm fans were very vocal but also respectful of the situation.

A good way to start but a long way to go..

gsweeper

Juniors
Just got back from the game..the boys played well and you could feel the tension in the crowd prior to the game.

The Storm fans were very vocal but also respectful of the situation.

A good way to start but a long way to go..

Don't give up on them. The Game needs the Storm and the people of Melbourne need Rugby League, how well will they know what a real sport looks like?

innsaneink

Referee
Yes, I understand where you are coming from, and completely agree. But i think the mental/emotional state of a team overrides any physical/skill advantage they have. I am not disputing the fact that what they are achieving is with an illegal team, I am applauding the fact that what they are achieving is breaking through those emotional and mental obstacles to put in a performance like that. That is the real accomplishment

Oh yeh I see your point....Ive nebver really been interested in watching Storm games, but was looking forward to this one just to see how they would react, I wasnt sure if they'd crumble completely, be semi competitive or completely hamme NZ and put ion their best performance of the year...even Cam Smith said the same thing, They themselves didnt know what to expect.
Siege mentality is a powerful emotion, but it only works for so long.

Storm will have their ups and downs...I would'nt mind betting they get done next week by the Cowboys.

This is going to happen but if they can keep some consistency in Melbourne then this will go a along way to giving them back some credibility for next yeear.

Apey

Staff member

If only we could get the same guarantee from your miserable fan-base, f**k!

This thread will go down well. :lol:

I thought they'd play like sh*t honestly, was so close to changing my tip but was relying on them to put it behind them for this game and that's what they did. It will be impressive if they manage to keep it up for the rest of the season for sure.

I really don't give a sh*t about my team losing against them more than I would for losing against any other team. It's not like it's impossible because they have rorted the cap, we've beat them before and we can do it again - well, maybe if I supported a different team :lol:

cornerposter

Juniors
you can pretend that isnt illegally assembled, but when I'm impressed by the play they perfornm and then remember that it was illegally put together, it angers me.
You shouldn't be angry, you should be sad that the NRL prohibits such a team in its competition.

Hanscholo

Bench
The storm were never going to lose that game tonight. Lets re visit this issue in ten weeks, when the greed of some of the players sinks in to the rest that get nothing and have no prospects for the future.

Evolution

Juniors

To be fair the team was not illegally put together. It was moulded from good finds of young players and taking other teams rejects and a lot of hard work to get them to play the way they do. It was illegally held together though.

innsaneink

Referee
You shouldn't be angry, you should be sad that the NRL prohibits such a team in its competition.

Can understand this point of view coming from a broncos fan.
My club would be dead without the cap.
And I doubt I'd be interested in an 8 team competition.

Latest posts