What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Set Top Box

McLovin

Staff member
What exactly do they do?? I recently bought a new widescreen tv and was advised that a set top box is the way to go. Any help would be appreciated...

An41

Juniors
converts to a digital signal, so you get more crisp sound and image, within the future they will add more features to programs and such.

bulldog

Bench
Do you have Foxtel? If you do an STB may not be worth it to you, if not, then you're probably not getting your moneys worth out of your TV. By supplying it with a nice digital widescreen source (digital foxtel or a Set Top Box) your picture quality will definitely improve.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
All broadcasting, as it is to my understanding, will begin broadcasting in digitital in 2007?? So that means most people will need to invest in a set top box, but correct me if i'm wrong!

Agent Mulder

Bench
GC_Gladiator said:
All broadcasting, as it is to my understanding, will begin broadcasting in digitital in 2007?? So that means most people will need to invest in a set top box, but correct me if i'm wrong!

You are Correct, Could Be 2008 Though.

bulldog

Bench
The analogue cut off is supposed to happen in 2008, but because of the low take-up rate of DTV equipment, the date will probably be pushed to 2012, and even then will only apply to metropolitan areas of Sydney and Melbourne.

Caged Panther

First Grade
the government is even considering the possibility of subsidising/giving away stb's to increase the uptake of digital TV.

But there is no way in hell that analogue will be turned off in 2007 or 2008

Latest posts