What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setaimata Sa leaving?

effnic

Bench
I hope he comes to manly not for his skills or lack there of, i just love the name lol

OVP

Coach
That signature is a work of art Tom/Max :)

Not quite as good as the last one though, wtf happened to Freddy in 1 year ? lol

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I dont why the roosters are trying to shed players.

For the past couple of years - they easily have one of the most talented squads - just need to get best out of players.

Instead of just rotating players etc - focused too much on signing new players.

I mean a decent coach could really make a decent back line out of all the blokes you have.

Perret
SKD
Mini
M Aubs
Soliola
Jones
Pearce
Sa
Even Samau decent player
Back up in Symonds
Now Carney

Sa has plenty of skill/talent - however does need to work hard in the gym in offseason. think he relies on too much on natural ability a la ali lautiti.

Tom Ace

Bench
That signature is a work of art Tom/Max :)

Not quite as good as the last one though, wtf happened to Freddy in 1 year ? lol

Cheers mate.

Yeah, the last one certainly had more oomph, but alas, our lads haven't quite done me any favours when it comes to signature images!

I think Freddy unfortunately falls into the ever expanding category "great player, average coach".

It's disappointing, but it doesn't tarnish the brilliant things he did for the club as a player.

adamkungl

Immortal

For the past couple of years - they easily have one of the most talented squads - just need to get best out of players.

I mean a decent coach could really make a decent back line out of all the blokes you have.

Perret
SKD
Mini
M Aubs
Soliola
Jones
Pearce
Sa
Even Samau decent player
Back up in Symonds
Now Carney

Sa has plenty of skill/talent - however does need to work hard in the gym in offseason. think he relies on too much on natural ability a la ali lautiti.

Symonds as back up...he's the youngest one there and he sh*ts all over Sa, Soliola, Jones and SKD...

F-1-11

Juniors
Sa needs to work on strength and conditining big time. I feel if he leaves us and a decent coach/conditioner gets hold of him he would be outstanding. Very lazy a lot of the time. I hope he does not leave and hopefully Smith can turn him around- look at Zeb Taia.

sputneek

Juniors
I can't work out where Sa belongs on the football field. He's horrible in the centres, and I wouldn't trust him at five-eighth. I guess he belongs in the second row like Soliola, but our back row next year (I assume) will be:
11. Cherrington
12. Mason
13. Anasta
I don't see a spot for Sa next year, and he has been playing extremely poorly this year. Maybe a change of clubs is what he needs.

Hanscholo

Bench

Perret
SKD
Mini
M Aubs
Soliola
Jones
Pearce
Sa
Even Samau decent player
Back up in Symonds
Now Carney

What you say is right to a point, but there are a number of players that are well past their best on massive coin. Smith wont put up with that, and nor should he really. Its a weak coach that doesnt realise price and effort go hand in hand, and it shouldnt need someone 'getting the best out of them' to see it. The should be aiming up each week, the fact that they arent suggests that some of them need to go.

D

Deleted member 10972

We do have plenty of youth, you are right.

But you have to remember that regardless of age, Soliola has been playing first grade regularly since 2005, and apart from his first two seasons where he was relatively impressive, he has offered very little since. Similar to Setaimata Sa, Soliola showed little signs of improvement, and actually seemed to be going backwards.

You could say similar about Kenny-Dowall, but I see him as always the type of players who can score stunning tries and then make errors - whether Brian Smith will put up with the errors is yet to be known.

But aside from Soliola, we have plenty of youth in the team, look at how old some of these players will be next year:

Ben Jones - 20
Jake Friend - 20
Mitchell Pearce - 21
Martin Kennedy - 21
Mose Masoe - 21
Sandor Earl - 21
Tom Symonds - 21
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves - 21
Anthony Cherrington - 22
Rohan Ahern - 22
Stanley Waqa - 22
Shaun Kenny-Dowall - 22
Sonny Tuigamala - 22
Mitchell Aubusson - 23
Setaimata Sa - 23
FP Nuuausala - 23
James Aubusson - 24
Sisa Waqa - 24
Todd Carney - 24 (if he signs)
Daniel Conn - 24
Sam Perrett - 25
Nate Myles - 25
Lopini Paea - 26
Nick Kouparitsas - 26
Riley Brown - 26

That is a VERY young squad. This is how old these players will be NEXT season, so subtract a year for how old they are this year! What the Roosters need is an experienced, 30+ tackling lock-forward who can cover for Fitzgibbon's vacated workrate - someone like Nathan Smth, Matt Hilder, Michael Luck, etc. That would take pressure off our young forwards, allowing them to do what they do best, which is run hard and straight.

Pass the Ball

Juniors
I can't work out where Sa belongs on the football field. He's horrible in the centres, and I wouldn't trust him at five-eighth. I guess he belongs in the second row like Soliola, but our back row next year (I assume) will be:
11. Cherrington
12. Mason
13. Anasta
I don't see a spot for Sa next year, and he has been playing extremely poorly this year. Maybe a change of clubs is what he needs.

Who is going to do all the tackling...???

Latest posts