What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sexting allegations-Rabbitohs

Curns13

Juniors
As if we didnt already know, but just to confirm, most footballers (no matter how much we love them) are absolute morons.

Travitoh

First Grade
Yeah maybe it was hacked or he loaned out his password.

Unlikely.

I'm thinking most likely he was chatting with her and the players responsible hijacked the video chat.
There's a reason why it's only the use of his account that is being raised and not him being mentioned as a culprit i feel.

Either way, i think Sammy may have a few questions to ask at home.

callmack1

Staff member
Lewd images allegedly shown on Sam Burgess’ Facebook Messenger account: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/79f5f437f97e4fe1a4475cec9b19b69e

The more I think about this and the more I hear about this, the more I think it's being blown up to be a way bigger issue than it actually is. I mean, you can't tell me that it just started as a friendly chat and for no reason at all, the players just got their kit off. While it is still possible, it is unlikely.

Secondly, it sounds like it was just two players pulling a brown eye, that's not even that bad FFS! I understand it's a little silly and possibly a bit uncalled for but seriously, be an adult about it because it's not even that bad imo.

Again, this seems a little far fetched but it is possible and it has happened around the world many, many times before.

So yea, obviously we don't know for sure but this just seems to have been blown way out of proportion.

Last edited:

Curns13

Juniors
Lewd images allegedly shown on Sam Burgess’ Facebook Messenger account:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/79f5f437f97e4fe1a4475cec9b19b69e

The more I think about this and the more I hear about this, the more I think it's being blown up to be a way bigger issue than it actually is. I mean, you can't tell me that it just started as a friendly chat and for no reason at all, the players just got their kit off. While it is still possible, it is unlikely.

Secondly, it sounds like it was just two players pulling a brown eye, that's not even that bad FFS! I understand it's a little silly and possibly a bit uncalled for but seriously, be an adult about it because it's not even that bad imo.

Again, this seems a little far fetched but it is possible and it has happened around the world many, many times before.

So yea, obviously we don't know for sure but this just seems to have been blown way out of proportion.
I disagree, Callmack. If it wasn’t for rugby league most of these guys would be digging ditches, laying bricks or stacking shelves. If you can’t behave up to a certain standard then don’t sign the contract. If you wanna be an idiot, play reserve grade, get a trade and you can pretend to f**k dogs, piss into your mouth and get naked on Facetime to your hearts content.

Pommy

Coach
I disagree, Callmack. If it wasn’t for rugby league most of these guys would be digging ditches, laying bricks or stacking shelves. If you can’t behave up to a certain standard then don’t sign the contract. If you wanna be an idiot, play reserve grade, get a trade and you can pretend to f**k dogs, piss into your mouth and get naked on Facetime to your hearts content.

It depends what you rugby league to be, if you want to see the players in the street and be able to talk to them like real people then this is how it is.
If you want would rather it was like other pro sports where they are off limits to joe public I think you are losing more than you gain.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Sam has left a device unlocked and the lads have done stuff for a laugh that got out of hand.
The way it’s being reported is that it was sams account no mention of Sam being any more involved. Obviously just a guess at this point though.

Pilot house

Juniors
Paul Kent makes his money from controversy. That’s ok. Keeps him off the streets.
When you except a video call aren’t you technically accepting therefore consenting the images from the other end? If your not happy with the images being displayed just hang up.
no. It’s indecent exposure.

Woofy7

Juniors
Do
Paul Kent makes his money from controversy. That’s ok. Keeps him off the streets.

no. It’s indecent exposure.
Don’t think it’s that simple, firstly are we sure of definitions remembering that this occurred in NZ? Furthermore isn’t indecent exposure in a public place? Pretty sure a phone call is a private conversation.

Great Dissenter

Juniors
Do

Don’t think it’s that simple, firstly are we sure of definitions remembering that this occurred in NZ? Furthermore isn’t indecent exposure in a public place? Pretty sure a phone call is a private conversation.

You’re correct. Indecent exposure is required to be in a ‘public place’. However, the Act does have a provision which deals with an “Act of indecency” which simply requires that the person commit an act of indecency toward another. Sending a naked photo to another would constitute an act of indecency. Alternatively, it could be framed as unlawful stalking but that would be more challenging for the prosecution.