What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SGB @ AUSSIE STADIUM

supermario

Juniors
greeneyed said:
Look what happened last time an opposition team's supporters sat too close to them.....

Not a good idea.

The chookpen is in bay 36:

of all the games this yearthere has only been one problem.

rnd 1 vs souths, the burrow sat in bay 37 and 38 and the re was no problems

round 3 Vs bulldogs , we know what happened there

round 5 vs brisbane, they sat in bays 37 and 38 and there was no problems

same with away games:

round 2 vs manly, no truble between roosters fans and manly fans

round 4 vs penrith again no problems

rund 6 vs newcastle again no problems

and

round 7 vs saints again not a problem between fans.

All in all we like a good opposition and good banter.

We are there to support the side and not start fights, you are welcome to sit near the pen, all you will get is good banter and a great atmosphere.

Panjabi

Juniors
Further to what raider ultra said....

Raider Ultra said:
Why don't you sit as close to the chook pen as possbile? I'm sure the seats near them are general admission. Sitting in the boondocks provides people with a crap view and discourages casual supporters from sitting with you.

I consider myself to be a one-eyed supporter and make an attempt to attend all the raiders games, especially in Sydney. I love nothing better than sitting amongst a large group of supportes and revelling in some rousing banter and chanting, directed at opposition teams and fans. On a personal note, i'd love to sit with the SGB week in, week out, and where its possible i do so (SGB|Kogarah rd 1/Bruce|raiders army rd 2).
After discussions with raider fans over the years who don't sit with the SGB, the main reason they choose not to, is that the choice of seating the brigade decides to take up. For example, against the roosters, you can get general admission seating on the grandstands, get a decent view of the game, and be close to the action, but by sitting behind the goalposts you restrict yourself to not getting the same benefits. Im sure Finch would still be able to hear the chant of 'judas' no matter where it was directed from.

supermario

Juniors
Raiders 2004 said:
No Thanks. It's a different story for us Raiders. No where near the Roosters thank you very much.

Thats cool, we have never had problems with raiders fans in the past and i hope it's the same vice versa.

Bay 38 is set aside for away suppoters and is a general admission area.

Like i said earlier, only one roosters game has been tarnished with fights, witha club that is know to have large fights at games in the past .

All we worry about is our team and supporting them. The only way we want to beat the raiders fans is vocally and thats all !

woodgers

Bench
Is Bay 36 on about the 20 metre line Mario? If so, I reckon SGB should sit directly opposite on the 20 as well. Not like there will be a huge crowd, Not going to be fights over the other side either. Plus, as Panjabi just brought up, you could entice more Raiders fans to join us due to the improved view.

Thoughts?

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
We'll see what we can do. I don't really mind moving, just letting everyone know where we are because we don't want to end up with half on one side of the field, and half on the other....

woodgers

Bench
Nah, that won't happen with the Chook Pen over there. 5 people arn't going to sit next to bay 36, with another 5 behind the posts if there is green jumpers everywhere over the other side.

BAY72

Juniors
I'm not realy keen to sit behind the goal posts again. And I agree with Ultra and Woodgers, we should be closer to the action on and off the field ie. sitting closer to the chook pen or at least with in 'Banta Range' the only thing that pumps me up more than out singing the oposition supporters is a win at the end of the night.

At this point we should have about 20 of the Raiders Army up for the game, No Thanx to the Raiders Club and thier lack of transport.
It would be a mistake to devide the support around the ground, we are going to need to all the voices we can get, if we want to go up against Roosters supporters. But I still think we would be best to sit closer to 20m line as possible, better seats will entice better numbers!

Raider Ultra

Bench
Yeah exactly. the casual observer is not gunna move seats to sit behind the goalposts. If the army is close to where they are already sitting and the view is decent, alot more people will come. This happened at St George, where a lot of people weren't SGB regulars, but sat with you because the spot wasn't too bad.

The SGB sits in behind the scoreboard because of a few reasons, we are asked to move by security once(from memory, may be blurred) due to people behind us complaining, there is also more room to spread out. This resulted in the move back to the goal post end. Nobody else complained, you can still see just as much of the ground as possible, and you stand out a bit more.