What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shades of 2001.....

yy_cheng

Coach
but only for 40mins.

I rewatched the match against the cowboys and the 2nd half had shades of 2001. Well almost.

I really enjoyed how we started throwing long passes to the backline which I haven't seen for a while.

And then after the brawl, we had like 4 to 5 men per hit. Imagine if we could do that for 80mins! We'd outplay the chooks easily.

What daya think??

The Colonel

Immortal
If we could play with that sort of intensity in the forwards every week yes it would definitely go a long way to getting us back on track however even half the intensity throughout a whole match would be better than what was shown last week.

soleilbleu

Juniors
Mongrel, minus the brain explosions that lead to penalties!

I wonder what B.Smith said to the boys at half-time. It's a pity he couldn't bottle it, and pass it around at the beginning of every match.

fish eel

Immortal
I thought that was how we were supposed to play this season with the purchases we made and all the off season talk?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
According to his post macth interview, he said bugger all at half time.

Reminded me of the 98 semi against norths when they DID NOT get out of their own 20 for the entire second half.

I was screaming for blood the entire second half last weekend, and was very, very happy with what I got. I'll cop the embarassing loss againstt he Cowboys if that second half can inspire the team for the rest of the year.

strider

Post Whore
That bloody ref took all the oomph out of our comeback - we would have pounded the buggers if Rauhihi hadn't taken a shot at Stapleton and started the 2nd fight and made the ref warn everyone there'd be a send off.

I remember the Norths 98 semi well - I reckon JT would too, his nose still carries the scars....I have never seen a team pounded into submission like we did to Norths in the 2nd half that night....if I remember correctly we got a really bad call against us just before half time and the scores were fairly level - then we pounded them in the 2nd half.

And another game comes to mind also - vs Cronulla, can't even remember what year, but we won 20-0 I think....Cronulla had a decent sized pack then and Martin "I dare you to knock my head off" Lang was at his peak....but our boys pounded him and the rest of the Sharks pack into submission.

Sterling

Juniors
Hollywood Jesus said:
Reminded me of the 98 semi against norths when they DID NOT get out of their own 20 for the entire second half.

I was screaming for blood the entire second half last weekend, and was very, very happy with what I got. I'll cop the embarassing loss againstt he Cowboys if that second half can inspire the team for the rest of the year.

I thought exactly the same thing...and it was right infront of where i was sitting again.....i went NUTS!...felt like a war...not a game of footy

Phillips

Referee
strider said:
And another game comes to mind also - vs Cronulla, can't even remember what year, but we won 20-0 I think....Cronulla had a decent sized pack then and Martin "I dare you to knock my head off" Lang was at his peak....but our boys pounded him and the rest of the Sharks pack into submission.

i remember that game, it was a great game, on one set of six cronulla did'nt not even gain any ground

The Colonel

Immortal
If anyone has a copy of that 1998 game against Norths I would like two copies. Give one to me when you see me at the football and put the other one in an envelope addressed to the players....

Red Bear

Referee
strider said:
I remember the Norths 98 semi well - I reckon JT would too, his nose still carries the scars....I have never seen a team pounded into submission like we did to Norths in the 2nd half that night....if I remember correctly we got a really bad call against us just before half time and the scores were fairly level - then we pounded them in the 2nd half.
I remember the semi in 97 when you guys were ahead at half time and Norths came steaming back and won the match :)

The Colonel

Immortal
GoTheBears said:
strider said:
I remember the semi in 97 when you guys were ahead at half time and Norths came steaming back and won the match :)

I remember that the Bears have been gone for some time now.... ;-)

Latest posts