1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Shane Flanagan

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by gallagher, Aug 29, 2006.

1. gallagher

gallagher Juniors

I say get him on board.

Get rid of our deffensive coach and give Flano the job with the possibilty of him being the head coach for '08 and Sheens being the coaching director for that year.

He's too good of a talent not to look at.

2. Once Dead

Once Dead Bench

Based on what non PL results?

3. Eddie.

Eddie. Bench

Easts defence was great this year.

Sheens knows these young guys coming through better then anyone. He will be in charge for some time and rightly so.

4. The Fruit Pickers

The Fruit Pickers Juniors

Sheens is the man until 2009, after that he has indicated he would like to take on a role of coaching director. Geez, we scored one of the best and most experienced coaches in the game, a coach who took us to a premiership in just 3 seasons and is bringing through the young talent for our future, and you want to replace him.

5. colonel_123

colonel_123 Juniors

Royce Simmonds is the current defensive coach?

Would you like to see him dumped?

(Flanagan was assistant coach for the Roosters this season after coaching Jersey Flegg (2004) and Premier League (2005) and they conceeded the most points ever by a Roosters side)

That said I think Flanagan has a good future in the game, just not sure where you'd fit him in on the current Wests Tigers staff...

6. Bluebag

Bluebag Juniors

He is not popular amongst a lot of players and staff as very unapproachable

7. bjm8

bjm8 Juniors

I havent got time to go looking to confirm this but i heard somewhere that Easts this year had their worst defensive record in 99 seasons of football. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

8. innsaneink

innsaneink Referee

9. TheManOnTheGrassyKnoll

TheManOnTheGrassyKnoll Juniors

Plus, he might pick his son ahead of Robbie Farah
    :)

10. gallagher

gallagher Juniors

yeah I'd rather Flanagan to Simmons.

I cant see Wests giving Royce the top job after Sheens decides to move on and he's not doing a good job as a defensive coach. No-one can dent that. So why have him?

Flanagan is a young bloke who's had success in the lower grades and seems destined to be a first grade coach at some stage.

AS for the chooks bad defense. Was Flanagan the defensive coach?

11. bjm8

bjm8 Juniors

not sure mate, i dont know a whole lot about him myself. i believe he was the assistant coach. you really think hes good enough to go from assistant coach of the worst defensive team to the assistant coach then head coach, ahead of premiership winners in sheens and simmons? your insane.

12. gallagher

gallagher Juniors

You say I'm insane but by your theory do you think Sheens was insane by replacing a premiership winning centre in Elford with a reserve greade centre in Collis.

AND I'm not saying sack Sheens. I'm saying groom someone for the job when Sheens wants to move on. Royce aint gonna get it!!!

No-one has still told me if he was defensive coach or not. He may have been, I dont know, but how about you lay the blame of the roosters defense on his lap when you know if that was his responsiblity.
    Absolutely I blame Simmons for our defense this year( with the players of course), he sat back and let Sheens applaud him for our effort in defense late last year. Shouldnt he be held accountable now?

13. marshall stalin

marshall stalin Juniors

Gillespie is/ was the defence coach at the Roosters and has been for a number of years.

Mcrae is the coach for your lot along with Katinas as Sheens will be going to the Broncos.

14. bjm8

bjm8 Juniors

well theres a challenger for prediction of the year.

15. Everlovin' Antichrist

Everlovin' Antichrist Immortal

Well, he predicted that Sheens would be the Knights coach so you know what comes with his predictions...

A grain of salt.

16. melon....

melon.... Coach

Are you mad? Flanagan wasnt the defensive coach, that Bulldog softie Gillespie was. His methods only worked when yuo use fibre glass shoulder pads.

Flannagan looked good in Flegg 2004, becuase a points scoring freak, Soward, did it all for him.

17. bjm8

bjm8 Juniors

Bennett to Roosters
    Stuart to Storm
    Bellemy to Broncos.

Nice little love triangle there. Probly more likely than Sheens to broncos too. :lol

18. Collateral

Collateral Coach

You guys have some good coaches in your lower grades anyways.

Ray Windle is a great coach...should be given a crack at JF.

19. The Fruit Pickers

The Fruit Pickers Juniors

Sheens is signed up till 2009 you goose, be sure of your facts before you make a dumb uninformed comment :lol:

20. ozzie

ozzie Bench

and contracts mean nothing ask Stuart, McRae, and others on the merry go round this year