What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Richardson

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
It is up to wing, but souths should make him honour the contract he has in place and if it`s not having him play for the club it should be stopping him signing with a rival club until his contract expires with Souths hence the Jamie Lyon reference.
Jamie Lyon spent 2 yrs in the UK & 1yr up the bush before he returned to the NRL if you think back he used to go pig shooting with Cleal a Manly man it was probably planned all along.

coombsy

Juniors
I wonder how everyone on here will feel if Wing goes back to the Roosters. What opinion would you have of Souths management and its parading Wing 2 years ago with "Welcome Home" mid season.
It would show a complete lack of and character in our managment team

Fein

First Grade
It is up to wing, but souths should make him honour the contract he has in place and if it`s not having him play for the club it should be stopping him signing with a rival club until his contract expires with Souths hence the Jamie Lyon reference.

There would have to be a clause on the contract dealing with that specifically of course.

Not sure how many players would have that in there given the Jamie Lyon experience.

I know if I had players on my books, I would be recommending the deletion of such a clause - you could almost argue it is against the trade practices act.

coombsy

Juniors
Jamie Lyon spent 2 yrs in the UK & 1yr up the bush before he returned to the NRL if you think back he used to go pig shooting with Cleal a Manly man it was probably planned all along.
If you think back he wanted to go to manly right away and parra stepped in and said no hence he went to the uk for a couple of years. DDo you really believe a quality player would go and risk himself in the bush if he had Another choice? Parramatta rightly took that choice away from him

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
If you think back he wanted to go to manly right away and parra stepped in and said no hence he went to the uk for a couple of years. DDo you really believe a quality player would go and risk himself in the bush if he had Another choice? Parramatta rightly took that choice away from him

Well said.

redandgreenduck

Juniors
I have closely followed the plight of the Rabbitohs ever since the appointment of Shane Richardson as CEO. Surely the time has come for his removal from this position before Souths can worry about its many other problems involving the coaching staff and its out of form/past their use by date players. In all his time as CEO, Souths have mostly languished outside the top 8. There is no secret that he is not well liked in Rugby League circles including the realms of his own club. As one ex-player (not a Rabbitoh) once said to me, "he is an arrogant man who thinks he invented the game". He is the person ultimately responsible for the poor performance of South Sydney and the signing of footballers well past their use-by date for excessive amounts of money while at the same time overseeing the exodus of talented juniors to rival clubs because he is not prepared to meet the market in order to retain them.
Is that you Denis....no you're not getting Richo's job.

Kingdom

Juniors
We should be moving heaven and earth to get Grant Mayer as our CEO now he has announced he is quitting Manly because of the dispute between the two high profile owners of that club. I can't understand the support of some on this forum in regard to Richardson, a perennial non-performer. The position of CEO is so important to the success of a club, look at quality operators like Todd Greenberg, Brian Waldron, Bruno Cullen, Peter Doust, Steve Burraston, Michael Seale and of course Mayer himself. Unfortunately, the Rabbitohs are heading for another disappointing season, the only team of any note we have beaten this year is the Knights and rival clubs are now looking at us as a “should win” game when we play them. The only place we are heading for is south on the competition ladder It just appears to me that a number of players do not want to be here so we need a strong CEO to come in and put a broom through the place and sign some young, quality players. It can and must be done, just look at the Bulldogs this year.

Fein

First Grade
We should be moving heaven and earth to get Grant Mayer as our CEO now he has announced he is quitting Manly because of the dispute between the two high profile owners of that club. I can't understand the support of some on this forum in regard to Richardson, a perennial non-performer. The position of CEO is so important to the success of a club, look at quality operators like Todd Greenberg, Brian Waldron, Bruno Cullen, Peter Doust, Steve Burraston, Michael Seale and of course Mayer himself. Unfortunately, the Rabbitohs are heading for another disappointing season, the only team of any note we have beaten this year is the Knights and rival clubs are now looking at us as a “should win” game when we play them. The only place we are heading for is south on the competition ladder It just appears to me that a number of players do not want to be here so we need a strong CEO to come in and put a broom through the place and sign some young, quality players. It can and must be done, just look at the Bulldogs this year.

Are you a member of the club and if so for how long?