What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Webcke - Latest Hall of Fame Inductee

Big Pete

Referee
Big congrats to Webcke on becoming the latest inductee into the Hall of Fame.

It's been a few years since the big guy retired and I thought it'd be appropriate to make a tribute thread.

So what are some of your favourite Webcke memories?

Big Pete

Referee
It's hard to really distinguish just one performance, because Shane was easily one of the most consistent members in the squad but I'll always remember his performance against the Sharks in Round 2 2006.

If you can recall, we were just coming off a terrible loss to the Cowboys and were trailing by 12 points and it easily could have been more. Like most games at Cronulla, it was a tough grinding affair where metres were terribly hard to come by. However, in such tough circumstances, the veteren Webcke stood up, making the runs nobody wanted to make and even scoring a crucial try to get us back into a game we had no right to win. Eventually, through an inspired piece of play by Seymour and Lockyer we wrestled the game off the Sharks but if it wasn't for Webcke constantly coming up with the tough plays and individually wrestling the advantage off the Sharks we wouldn't have got in coo-ee of the Sharks.

I wish they let people know this is going to happen, i totally missed it.

too many to name. I have to say his 2005 season was his best, man was he outstanding. My fave all time memory of him will be the way he was yelling at everyone in the 2006 grand final with 40 seconds to go and the game wrapped up, Webcke plays his heart out until the final whistle.

gUt

Coach
Yeah the 2006 GF was huge. Late in the game he single handedly got Brisbane rolling upfield.

Mr Fourex

Bench
r109262_339735.jpg

2006 GF ........OUTSTANDING !!

site_30_rand_1901834024_webcke_308.jpg

Big Pete

Referee
Rewatching the game relatively recently I was actually disappointed with Shane's first stint. He was easily the weak link in a strong forward performance. However that second stint really typified Shane as a player. In particular was the carry to set up the Lockyer field goal. For all money it appeared he'd be tackled for a measly three metres, but he got his legs rolling, broke out of the tackle and fought for an extra 10. Sensational from the warhorse.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Tough, uncompromising s.o.b and loved by all Bronco supporters 4ever ! Well done and truly deserved Webbie, words could never truly describe your efforts at the club.:D

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Webcke to Lyon, Australia V NZ cant remeber the year. On about the 40m line, Webcke carts it up with 4 kiwis hanging off him, slips a ball to Lyon at pace he runs 60m for try.

cornerposter

Juniors
His return from a broken arm in 2000 and the GF. Absolute f**king toughest nut to ever pull on a Broncos jersey. Was awesome watching him on the big screen one more time.

Latest posts