What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Hard to give points today.

Just one of those days at the office and this would have happened a week earlier if melbourne didn't rest their players. We were in it in the first half but errors, penalties and soft defence cost us. They were gassed in the 2nd half with 39% possession for the whole game. My points are purely based on who didn't stink it up

3 aubo
2 matterson
1 flash

A few thoughts on the team im general, we look very short in the forwards with cords and SST out. Guerra is flat out dogging it and needs to go when they return. JWH has been good this season but had an off day and Napa has been poor this year. We really need to go to market for an additional forward next year or nlood butcher and/or radley.

In regards to the back line i am not sure what Fergo is adding to our team at the moment, he isn't justifying his pay packet and is not playing like an international. Manu and Latrell struggled in defence but they are on a learning curve and poor reads will happen. Cords and SST should tighten it up.

Pearce and keary were poor but have been good most of the year.

Absolutely spot on about the team being gassed in the first half, Val. Thought all the origin reps looked guilty of thinking about next Wednesday night instead of having a proper dig. Guerra should leave now and given we were never going to win it this year, I think we should all be patient with Manu and Latrell re defence. Our last tackle options were also dreadful.

Hoping/praying for a bounce-back similar to Cronulla's even with players missing.

Not quite sure what criteria to use giving points when no one deserved any really.

3. Matterson, scored 84 on my super coach team plus a try.
2. Gordon, kicked 2 from 2
1. Toops, scored a try

That'll do.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Its hard to a 3,2,1 this week but

3 -Aubbo
2 -Gordon
1- Matterson

They were the only ones who really held their heads up , Toups went ok too and Keary tried hard but was found out in the 2nd half, the rest were blahhhhhhhh.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Hard to pick this week

3. Aubo
2. Gordon
1. Matterson

All good points above. i mentioned in the penalty thread that we had made 100 more tackles than the Sharkies by the 60th minute which just killed us. The silly penalties (JWH forearm and Napa swinging arm) and the poor fifth tackle options just heaped on even more pressure with the sharks completing at 100% for most of the first half... The single first half penalty didn't help either.

Missed SST and Cords Big time

OVP

Coach
An atrocious performance as usual in gosford. But one guy who never gives up and deserves praise is Aubo. Him and Matterson are the only reason I'm giving anyone points this week.

3. Matterson
2. Aubs
1. Gordon

Tommy Smith

Referee
3. Matto
2. Aubusson
1. Gordon

No surpise that in a flogging, the two consumate veteran pros are among the 3-2-1 recipients.

H.H

Juniors
3 - Gordon
2 - Aubs
1 - Toops

Yes it was poor, but to be honest I reckon we were exposed for what we truly are. A side with some promise and some good performances in them, but when it really comes down to it, we're not yet tough enough to beat the likes of the Storm or Sharks.

Is what it is and I have doubts that can be turned around this year. Happy for us to hopefully finish in the 8 and then build again for 2018.

PS - Reckon Souffs will towell us up this week too - that hurts.