What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cap superthread - latest: NRL clears Flanagan to assistant coach from 2020

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Morris shouldn't be coach because he got a flimsy and irrelevant sanction over something that might have occurred in 2011?
I don't think the implication is that he *shouldn't* be coach, but of all the candidates that may have been around or available he has a question mark in his past connected to matters which are still plaguing the club today.

AJB1102

First Grade
Appointing Morris as coach after he was one of the players given a suspension under the WADA deal probably not a good look.

I'd forgotten he was part of it and I'm a Sharks fan. Remember Ike Gordon, Colin Best, Paul Aiton, Gal, Wade.

I doubt it overshadows Morris' 300 game cleanskin career in too many people's eyes. It was 8 years ago, or 5 if we're talking time of suspension. How long is he to be blacklisted?

carcharias

Immortal
I don't think the implication is that he *shouldn't* be coach, but of all the candidates that may have been around or available he has a question mark in his past connected to matters which are still plaguing the club today.

Pfft
Bellamy is still coach
Look at his history

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'd forgotten he was part of it and I'm a Sharks fan. Remember Ike Gordon, Colin Best, Paul Aiton, Gal, Wade.

I doubt it overshadows Morris' 300 game cleanskin career in too many people's eyes. It was 8 years ago, or 5 if we're talking time of suspension. How long is he to be blacklisted?
I'm not saying he's blacklisted or advocating he be dumped as coached, I can just see and acknowledge that in some circles the perception could easily tilt that way.
Pfft
Bellamy is still coach
Look at his history
What history? Waldron was the chief architect of the 2010 Storm Salary Cap debacle, I don't recall any findings being made against Bellamy.

unforgiven

Bench

With the history that Cronulla has in regards to breaching the rules, I would hope they put their best foot forward and appoint someone who was beyond reproach. They did not do this and instead appointed someone with a cloud over them.

carcharias

Immortal
I'm not saying he's blacklisted or advocating he be dumped as coached, I can just see and acknowledge that in some circles the perception could easily tilt that way.

What history? Waldron was the chief architect of the 2010 Storm Salary Cap debacle, I don't recall any findings being made against Bellamy.

Ok you keep believing that one.
... may as well believe Cam didn’t know either.
Even though he managed both his contracts.

C’mon mate.

With the history that Cronulla has in regards to breaching the rules, I would hope they put their best foot forward and appoint someone who was beyond reproach. They did not do this and instead appointed someone with a cloud over them.
I don’t think there is actually a cloud over him or any of the players really. The took a plea arrangement, big whoop, but if you go back and look at what is alledged, the players were not aware what was being provided.

Anyway, that crap from tfe past aside, should they have appointed say Griffin? Is he beyond reproach? Not in Gould’s eyes or many others, but what has he really done wrong that is so bad.

It’s not like the Sharks have appointed George Bell as junior development officer.

Maybe someone is going just a tad too far

carcharias

Immortal
I'm a Wests Tigers fan, and before you jump on top of it. If the Tigers can not show reason why the Farah situation is not a breach of the cap, then the punishments they have been handed need to stand.

Good god.
Didn’t you fold twice or some shit?

Benji and Farah still playing?

unforgiven

Bench
Anyway, that crap from tfe past aside, should they have appointed say Griffin? Is he beyond reproach? Not in Gould’s eyes or many others, but what has he really done wrong that is so bad.
I actually really like Morris, he was always approachable during his time at the Tigers and it sound like he has done an amazing job with the junior pathways at Cronulla. Just think it would have been a wise move for the Sharks to go with someone not involved in their past problems while digging themselves out of their current situation.