What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks lend a hand at "the biggest loser"

Inferno

Coach
From Sharks Bites

Sharks skipper Brett Kimmorley, winger Luke Covell, five eighth Adam Dykes and 2006 Player of the Year Greg Bird ventured out to Narrabeen prior to Christmas to help conduct a training session for the contestants on the Channel 10 show The Biggest Loser.

The Sharks quartet assisted the show's American trainers in a rugby league style session, with the contestants hitting tackle bags and going through a couple of drills regularly used at rugby league training.

The show which was attended by the Sharks is due to air during the first couple of weeks of the Biggest Loser going to air in 2007. Sharks Bites and the Sharks website www.sharks.com.au will keep all Sharks fans informed as to a date and time of the airing of the segment featuring the four Sharks players.

jesus the irony is not lost on me, with Dykes AND Kimmorley together we could definitely teach them a thing or 10 about losing.

I know "there's no such thing as bad publicity" but this is really pushing it.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Never watched that show but i've seen the ads. The 'contestants' look like they would have a heart attack if they did rugby league drills.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
We could possibly sign the shows contestants for the front row..... can never have too many front rowers.

Danger

Juniors
Qld-Sharkie said:
We could possibly sign the shows contestants for the front row..... can never have too many front rowers.

We'd have to bring back unlimited interchanges if thats gonna work.

Surely

Post Whore
Qld-Sharkie said:

When anderson was here he probably would have signed a couple

carcharias

Immortal
geezuz christ!

I wonder which brainiac decided to let The Sharks be part of a show called "The Biggest Loser"?

I remember them doing adds for the Syd Aquarium when they were going great guns.
Then when the team turned to shyte they redid the adds.
The gist of the new adds was us copping a bagging.

Why the fug can't they just win a few games to get a profile for a change.

Borg-5-of-5

Juniors
Inferno said:
From Sharks Bites

jesus the irony is not lost on me, with Dykes AND Kimmorley together we could definitely teach them a thing or 10 about losing.

I know "there's no such thing as bad publicity" but this is really pushing it.

Our new "Queen" of the hive is in charge of the collective now. The Raper "Queen" is dead.

If the Dykes and Kimmorley drones don't perform together, one or both WILL be eliminated from the team!

Card Shark

Immortal
Suerly this is a co-incidence they chose the Sharks for this role........................................................................NOT!
F*rk me we have some points to prove - what an insult.

zeppelin

Juniors
Well done to the brainstrust who come up with this gem of an idea. When this airs i wont hear the end of it.

TheGodFather

Juniors
carcharias said:
geezuz christ!

I wonder which brainiac decided to let The Sharks be part of a show called "The Biggest Loser"?

I remember them doing adds for the Syd Aquarium when they were going great guns.
Then when the team turned to shyte they redid the adds.
The gist of the new adds was us copping a bagging.

Why the fug can't they just win a few games to get a profile for a change.

Hahaha i'm pissin myself here, I first thought "Hey, what a good idea" exposure for Sharkies. But yeah, you're right - Why in the hell would you get involved with a show called "The Biggest Loser" when your trying to become a winning team. Just stupidity.