What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks MC

MarkTheShark

Juniors
WHat are your thoughts on the Sharks MC? (The guy in the middle of the field with a microphone for those who are unsure who I mean)

I remember a few years ago we had a guy called Greg I think, and in recent times, to be honest I have no idea what his name is.

IMO, we need a new MC, last year they brought that nice young girl in, but these two are not revving up the crowd.

I believe the fans need to be entertained to the point where they are happy to be at the groung, regardless of the team losing games.

Glenn Wheeler.
I used to be anti-Wheeler. Now I think I am mildly pro-Wheeler.

He's passionate about the Sharks and he always gives us a plug on his radio show. There was an article about him in the Leader yesterday too btw.

He says some nonsense but it's a hard gig.

Jimbo

Immortal
Well said SS. I've chatted to Glenn a couple of times, and his passion for the place is obvious. He's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think he does a difficult job well.

Sharkette

Juniors
Glenn Wheeler on his own is fine. It's when they bring in these other air-heads to co-host with him it really gets on my goat.

NO MORE AIR-HEADS PLEASE!!!

Glenn Wheeler isnt the problem if he cant generate enough excitement before games.

It's the ho-hum, couldnt care less fans who dont cheer like they used to...

Wheeler used to be a shocker but he's grown into the role now. I'd actually find it a bit strange without him now.

He could do with a new tailor, though - preferably one without a guide dog.

Jimbo

Immortal
ShireShark said:
Glenn Wheeler isnt the problem if he cant generate enough excitement before games.

It's the ho-hum, couldnt care less fans who dont cheer like they used to...
Unfortunately that's very true as well. Hopefully 2004 will bring a lot more to cheer about!!

Shark

Bench
Yeah, I agree with Jimbo and SS. He's heaps better than that last goose, Jeff 'Killer' Killick, he was a shocker.

As for his tailor...I like his gear! It's all the right colours, and it beats him standing there in a jersey or, worse still a hawaiian number like Killer always wore. Besides, I know the bloke who made the shirts for Wheeler and he'd be really upset to know you thought they sucked!

Jimbo

Immortal
Shark said:
Yeah, I agree with Jimbo and SS. He's heaps better than that last goose, Jeff 'Killer' Killick, he was a shocker.

As for his tailor...I like his gear! It's all the right colours, and it beats him standing there in a jersey or, worse still a hawaiian number like Killer always wore. Besides, I know the bloke who made the shirts for Wheeler and he'd be really upset to know you thought they sucked!

I've seen the gear you get around in mate!! :shock: :p

Booyah

Bench
Didn't Glenn Wheeler used to post on the Grandstand? I could have sworn there was someone posting and their last name was Glenn.

I think it might have been Glenn or John or Dane or something...

Whoever he was, he was pretty involved with the Army.

Foz

Bench
I actually use to listen to him on the midnight to dawn shift on 2gb (only because he's a sharks fan). Seemed to be trying his hardest (given the timeslot) and his show wasnt bad. Whats happened to him? Is he still on or did they move his timeslot.

Genius Freak

Juniors
Glenn Wheeler did well in some very bad situations last year. I for one couldn't be as upbeat as him after a bad loss. For mine the problem is the band they have at the club before the presentation. In most cases, happy, upbeat music is not what you want after a shellacking.

cheese

Bench
Foz said:
I actually use to listen to him on the midnight to dawn shift on 2gb (only because he's a sharks fan). Seemed to be trying his hardest (given the timeslot) and his show wasnt bad. Whats happened to him? Is he still on or did they move his timeslot.
He still does that shift, but only on weekends......friday nights, and saturday nights.

He also now hosts "weekends with wheeler", which is the afternoon shifts on 2GB on the weekends. I dunno how the f**k he does it ......he must basically just live in the studio's the whole weekend.

I used to like his latenight show, but its now overrun with grannies that have a crush on him that call up and talk about coffee, tea, homemade biscuits, and all sorts of other gay, non interesting subjects.

He seems like a good enough bloke though.........i see no reason why we should change him. I have a feeling his job will be alot easier this year.

SS is right in saying that crowd noise was ordinary this year. He must have felt like he was talking to no one half of the time. Tough gig

Foz

Bench
Thanks cheese. I'll tune in again at night. (forget Sat arvo my 4 legged friends run around).
Sounds like the guys a hard worker so I wish him every success.
Good onya Glenn.

shadowboxer

First Grade
We should get dayrl sommers
not

I had the pleasure of running into to him back in sept 2001 when we wiped the floor with the bulldogs in the semis at the then SFS. We were lining up for beer and we bumped inot him, by then we had had a few and by the look of it so had he, he wasnt out of it, just having a ball.

As already mentioned he didnt have it easy last year and battled on. If only they would get rid of robbie williams when they run on, that is embarrassing. I reckon the other team would be laughing at that. The highlight from the sounds machine was the broncos running on to "MR ED"

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Theres an article about him in Thursdays Leader on page 29. He's a De La Salle boy so that would go down well with Rapes and ET. He is quoted as announcing he has a warped sense of humour. Big surprise aye!

Beginning Monday the 15th he is doing the 7pm to 9pm slot over xmas. We should pepper him with Sharks matters!

Frenzy

Juniors
I spent 12 years at school with Glenn. He hasn't changed a single bit. He's always been the extroverted clown who would dress up in a Santa suit in April or bear suits on a night out just because he wanted a laugh and give one to others.

The clobber he gets around in down at Toyota is just typical of him. It's a bit gruesome sometimes but that's Glenn, he's never been afraid of himself and was always a leader and entrepreneur.

I'd be extremely saddened if he were replaced. The man is absolutely SHARK INSANE, you don't find 2 in a box like Glenn.

Go De La!