What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks New Signing

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
SHARKS SIGN YOUNG TIGERS HOOKER
23.10.06 14:41 Age: 5 min

The Sharks have secured the services of 21-year-old Wests Tigers hooker Issac De Gois, signing the young rake to a two-year contract.
De Gois, a strong defender and clever dummy half runner, was spotted and targeted by incoming Sharks coach Ricky Stuart. With his path to the NRL at the Wests Tigers blocked by representative hooker Robbie Farrah, De Gois comes to the Sharks hoping to display his wares and to challenge for a first grade berth.

“I’ve come to the Sharks looking for an opportunity,” De Gois said. “And I’m looking forward to playing for Ricky Stuart. He is the Australian coach and is obviously very successful and good at what he does.”
The stockily-built De Gois played five games in the NRL for the Tigers in 2006, three of those appearances as a member of the starting side. He made his debut in round 11 against the New Zealand Warriors and crossed for one try in those five games.
De Gois progressed through the junior ranks with the Magpies, playing for the Western Suburbs SG Ball side after starting his rugby league career with the All Saints Club at Warwick Farm. He graduated from the Wests junior representative ranks into the joint venture set-up at the Wests Tigers, playing the majority of the past season in the Premier League for the Magpies.
Added to incumbent Sharks number nine Kevin Kingston and occasional hooking interchange player Brett Kearney, De Gois will give the club plenty of depth in the all-important dummy half position.
De Gois will be assessed by the Sharks training and medical staff over the next few days, with the squad this week undergoing preliminary testing prior to the commencement of pre-season training which is expected to begin next week.
The Sharks have almost completed their new player purchases for 2007, with De Gois to join other new recruits at the club including Josh Hannay, Craig Stapleton, Fraser Anderson, Brett Seymour, Dustin Cooper, Michael Greenfield and Misi Taulapapa.

Sharkie™

Juniors
he could turn out to be a very good buy with a bit of development, he was very soild in the games i saw him play in.

Special K

Coach
I never liked Issac De Gois for some reason. I think it is because he looks like a creep

degois_th.jpg

Frenzy.

Post Whore
j0rd0_ShArKs said:
SHARKS SIGN YOUNG TIGERS HOOKER
23.10.06 14:41 Age: 5 min

The Sharks have secured the services of 21-year-old Wests Tigers hooker Issac De Gois, signing the young rake to a two-year contract.
De Gois, a strong defender and clever dummy half runner, was spotted and targeted by incoming Sharks coach Ricky Stuart. With his path to the NRL at the Wests Tigers blocked by representative hooker Robbie Farrah, De Gois comes to the Sharks hoping to display his wares and to challenge for a first grade berth.

“I’ve come to the Sharks looking for an opportunity,” De Gois said. “And I’m looking forward to playing for Ricky Stuart. He is the Australian coach and is obviously very successful and good at what he does.”
The stockily-built De Gois played five games in the NRL for the Tigers in 2006, three of those appearances as a member of the starting side. He made his debut in round 11 against the New Zealand Warriors and crossed for one try in those five games.
De Gois progressed through the junior ranks with the Magpies, playing for the Western Suburbs SG Ball side after starting his rugby league career with the All Saints Club at Warwick Farm. He graduated from the Wests junior representative ranks into the joint venture set-up at the Wests Tigers, playing the majority of the past season in the Premier League for the Magpies.
Added to incumbent Sharks number nine Kevin Kingston and occasional hooking interchange player Brett Kearney, De Gois will give the club plenty of depth in the all-important dummy half position.
De Gois will be assessed by the Sharks training and medical staff over the next few days, with the squad this week undergoing preliminary testing prior to the commencement of pre-season training which is expected to begin next week.
The Sharks have almost completed their new player purchases for 2007, with De Gois to join other new recruits at the club including Josh Hannay, Craig Stapleton, Fraser Anderson, Brett Seymour, Dustin Cooper, Michael Greenfield and Misi Taulapapa.

hmm

Macca

Coach
Yes Frenzy I noted that too . . .

I still think someone will need to be bumped off that top 25.

cheese

Bench
jeezez christ ..look at the mug on him. He's Roger Federer's and Ernie from Sesame streets love child

He'll do well at hunters though

jc155776

Coach
Good hookers have to be ugly.

The best ones always are.

Any forward with a pretty face aint doing his job right and needs to go comb his hair with the backs.

sharkadelic

Juniors
I think Kinga maybe in trouble. This kid looked pretty good in the games I saw him play in and the writing was on the wall with Farah having the job for life.

With Doig and Caine gone, and Gorrell off to Le Frogland, De Gois is probably the next in line to become the revolving hooker with Kingston. But if Kinga's form continues the way it was and Isaac can play 80 mins......... Kinga will be the one trying to crack firsts.

I dont see Kearney at Hooker which still leaves us a little thin there. I think Noodles will stay on the interchange bench or maybe even the halves. It will be good to see some competition for positions regardless. Some of the backline and the halves need to see they arent indispensible.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
sharkadelic said:
I think Kinga maybe in trouble. This kid looked pretty good in the games I saw him play in and the writing was on the wall with Farah having the job for life.

With Doig and Caine gone, and Gorrell off to Le Frogland, De Gois is probably the next in line to become the revolving hooker with Kingston. But if Kinga's form continues the way it was and Isaac can play 80 mins......... Kinga will be the one trying to crack firsts.

I dont see Kearney at Hooker which still leaves us a little thin there. I think Noodles will stay on the interchange bench or maybe even the halves. It will be good to see some competition for positions regardless. Some of the backline and the halves need to see they arent indispensible.

I'll guarantee you he's in trouble. He'll have to lift 2 or 3 levels to retain the spot. Gorrell was chased hard but in the end we couldn't afford him but they didn't stop looking for a hooker did they.

I can also tell you De Gois is a Stuart signing.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Kinga made a good start but in the end he disappointed me. I was expecting much more from him.
We all know his defense is great , but i wanted to see some more with the feet & the ball.

Sideline Eye

Juniors
after a few rounds, dykes will be our half, kearney our 5/8 and this new kid our hooker, with 4 forwards on the bench.