What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks New Signing

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
ali said:
I too think Kinga may be headed down a grade. The kid is a former Jersey Flegg player of the year. I remember him because Wests used to have a real good rivalry with our gun junior side that Galloway, Simmons, Aitken, Williams etc came through. The kid was player of the year for the whole comp. He can play!

sounds good Ali, hope he can get himself together at sharks and play some good footy

Isaac is a very good signing, will put pressure on Kingston.

I still believ that Ryan Carr is the bolter in both the halves & hooker next year, i will go out on limb saying he wont be in the top 25 to start, but by round 15, will be in first grade

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
I dont think so like frenzy said Carr is a stringbean way to skinny for firsts will have to put a lot of mucsle bulk over the off season to be any shot

ghoti

Bench
ali said:
I too think Kinga may be headed down a grade. The kid is a former Jersey Flegg player of the year. I remember him because Wests used to have a real good rivalry with our gun junior side that Galloway, Simmons, Aitken, Williams etc came through. The kid was player of the year for the whole comp. He can play!
Captained almost all his sides from juniors up. Been captaining Wests Premier League for 2 (possibly 3) seasons now...at 20, 21 thats a huge achievement. He'll be great for us.

Sharkie73

Bench
Frenzy. said:
I won't write him off but strong word from the club is that Kinga hasn't got what Stuart is looking for which is why he has gone for De Gois after missing Gorrell.

I have the same mail. Also have mail that while the new team sees Simmons potential he's on thin ice aggression wise and will need to lift a few 100% to retain the spot.

Frenzy any idea on who would replace him!! Mitch brown maybe??

Inferno

Coach
hmm, thats a god question actually Sharkies73. Also if he was dumped from fullback, would he revert to the wing, or play FB in PL?

Surely

Post Whore
anyone who thinks brown is better than simmons is delusional, maybe he will be better than him in a year or two, but he is way off the pace at the moment.

Macca

Coach
I always said Simmo had potential. He realised that potential in 3 or 4 games this year. The injury didn't help.

I think Brown has more potential. I'd pick Simmo on the wing.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sharkie73 said:
Frenzy any idea on who would replace him!! Mitch brown maybe??

Nope. No idea. I doubt it would be Brown at this stage though, unless he's filled, bulked up and added a few kilos.

Ricky's really only had Mini in the past and we all know the power fullback game Mini plays. When Shaun Foley was given a run it was pretty obvious that he was either told or naturally brought the ball back at lightspeed.

If we have anyone that can play the power game from the back and they can't get Homer angry I'd be looking to them. Maybe Cooper.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Speed & power from the back.
Cooper wont cut the speed.
Simmons unfortunately will possibly get a start.
My tip is Albert to have a crack early and succeed or get released.

Danger

Juniors
jc155776 said:
What about Fraser Anderson.

Never played fullback but fast as lightning and huge...

I agree with you on that one, i think he would slot into fullback nicely.

Surely

Post Whore
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
When Mini went to fullback hadnt player there before, was a winger who struggled under the bomb, so Anderson maybe the answer

Anderson is seriously overated, how good would simmons have looked playing queensland cup.

I know he'd look pretty good to reefy playing qld cup, but then he'd only have kimmorely left to blame for any failure.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Surely said:
Anderson is seriously overated, how good would simmons have looked playing queensland cup.

I know he'd look pretty good to reefy playing qld cup, but then he'd only have kimmorely left to blame for any failure.

All I know is that Brisbane were dirty on losing him. That is a big tick for me.