What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks news article 20/04/06

Special K

Coach
Bailey is ten times the centre Scott is.

Scott is tripe. Bailey seems to have copped it from this forum for no reason ever since he sided with Opes back in 2003. Last season Bailey held our right side together! Yes he is a backrower but if you think Scott is a better option then get your head checked.

Scott is a nuffy. I won't be missing him running out, racing up out of the line. The bloke is a poor mans Hegarty!

imasharkie

Coach
Reckon you're off the mark with Bailey as a centre Special. I've never seen a player die with the ball so much as him. I noticed that the new boy ( Kearney) was quick to find out who was the best off loader in our team and as soon as Nige hit the deck he was following Thommo everywhere. Must be a godsend for Nige having someone in the team that can actually off load decently not look like you want to and drop it on the ground, ala Bailey.

Inferno

Coach
Bailey's defence at centre is fine, but thats a second rowers trait not a centre. You need someone who can create and capitalise on opportunities something Bailey never did and could probably never be coached to do. Why not blame Raper for not telling Scott to stop racing up out of the line, or cut the niggling sh*t from the ruck.

For all you know, he was instructed to play that way.

Special K

Coach
Bailey is one of the best off loaders we have. Thompson pushes the off load so much that every game we have one or two f**k ups from it. Bailey has self control!

The only issue you could have with Bailey is how he doesn't hit the line at speed, rather he tries to use his footwork so he can try and get on the outside and pop the ball which doesn't really work. He is trying to do what Ben Kennedy does but Ben Kennedy does it at speed and with more power. You line up on the inside shoulder then step to the outside and once contact is made pop the ball... But Bailey does this in slow motion and gets taken down.

imasharkie

Coach
Bailey is one of the best off loaders we have.

May have been a couple years ago Special. I haven't seen prove of that in 2005 or 2006.

He's not the player he was and should pay the penalty.

Inferno

Coach
imasharkie said:
May have been a couple years ago Special. I haven't seen prove of that in 2005 or 2006.

He's not the player he was and should pay the penalty.

Exactly,so far this year Bailey has made 3 offloads. To put it into perspective, Thommo made 6 last game alone including one which led to a try.

I bet you could count one hand as well the amount of times Bails passed to his winger this year as well.

b_shark

Juniors
DJDL said:
To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if they jagged a win this week.
I won't be tipping it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I just hope if they do, that it's not enough for the pressure on Raper to be relieved.

Agree DJDL - think this is the first time I haven't picked them in about 5 years - so sure to win

Latest posts