What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks rule out safe haven if Carney and Roosters part ways

newman

First Grade
understand its great news but why call a press conf for this

Because the club has been working on it for years. Its part of the strategic plan for the football club: re-engage with the community by supporting local juniors and rewarding those who excel at our core kpis, which gal has done. You dont build a winning culture from nothing and overnight.

spider

Coach
the timing of gal extending and the carney deal is probably a good thing

he has gone into bat from the get-go for carney, and obviously gets what he wants

in this case its a good thing he has so much pull

Special K

Coach
I am not upset about Gall staying I never ever want him to leave but calling the press conf is a dick tease. Keeping him until 34 is fine by me!

Plus every question from the media will be about Todd and our future rather than the great man.

I love all Gallens.

bsc_paul_gallen.jpg

kade-snowden-paul-gallen-2008.jpg

760834-paul-gallen.jpg

Paul+Gallen+Anthony+Laffranchi+VB+Kangaroos+ZuC8Om7-xavl.jpg

Go Gall!!

Ausguy

Coach
Is this(Gal) the other signing you were talking about Newman?

ahhh now see i remember someone saying it, i wasnt sure who it was, you made it easy for me K...

Interesting times.

Here is a question, and an opinion.

Would we call 2 press conferences in 1 week? I mean clearly tomorrows is for Gal, but im sure if we had signed Carney we will call one for that as well.

Have we pulled a swifty and created a cover using the Gal signing (which is Major) only to announce both tomorrow?

jc155776

Coach
The Gal press conference gets us positive media attention AND has the joint smelling of stability.

Project an image of stability and sponsers and players will come.

The development WILL go ahead, and we are walking tall at the moment with our heads high going forward.

cb4

First Grade
It was fizman who about the signing, and he said 1 more to round up the roster.