What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Sponsorship???

Gozz

Juniors
Hi there, Now I am a first time poster so apologise if this has been said before. Why can't Cronulla get a sponsorship from a competitor of a current sponsor? Cocacola for instance? or Sony? This would be a great time for coverage as the company will get so much media coverage and show they are a company willing to defend the rights of players, staff and fans. How much effort are we trying to actually get a sponsorship deal? The board are so worried at the moment about who is on staff, I am sure there is none emailing, calling and researching companies that are so large that they would be able to cover our costs for a ground sponsor or jersey sponsor???

I know I am only a little guy but a massive Sharks supporter for so long that I have been emailing large companies wanting them to get behind our club.

PS Save Flanno!

Well

I dare say they were working on it.
But this stuff has really f**ked proceedings.

Allegedly we had a sponsor walk cos of the initial outing in the report.

chewsta

First Grade
Welcome Gozz. & good on u mate for making the effort. Out of curiousity have u had any replies at all?? I do agree with your points regarding any publicity is good publicity.

Hopefully if Dunphy is coming on board as discussed in another thread, he may be able to change or atleast address these problems with sponsorship with some success.

spider

Coach
Hi there, Now I am a first time poster so apologise if this has been said before. Why can't Cronulla get a sponsorship from a competitor of a current sponsor? Cocacola for instance?

They are contracted to Schweppes - hence Shark Energy not being able to see their time out

Poolshark

Juniors
Welcome Gozz, just for the record here is an email I sent to Pip Marlow who is head of Microsoft Australia, and her response. I thought anything was worth a go and I am still looking for prospectives no matter what.

RE: Sports Sponsorship‏

Pip Marlow (pipma@microsoft.com)
19/02/2013
clear.gif
clear.gif

clear.gif

To: xxxxxxx xxxxxx

203107_646303083_197835126_q.jpg

From:Pip Marlow (pipma@microsoft.com) You moved this message to its current location.Sent:Tuesday, 19 February 2013 8:26:57 AMTo: xxxxxxx xxxxxx (xxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com)

Thanks xxxxxxx – we do not do that in general – thanks for the interest though .

Sent: Monday, 18 February 2013 5:46 PM
To: Pip Marlow
Subject: Sports Sponsorship

Hello Pip,

I am sending this email to see if Microsoft get involved with sports sponsorship of individual teams and or sporting codes in general.
I support a team in the NRL and see a great opportunity for Microsoft with sponsorship of my team. They are the Cronulla Sharks. Given Microsoft's release of the surface tablet, the marketing catch could be the 'Sharks Surface'. I am aware they are looking for a major sponsor and even a sleeve sponsor. I am in no way employed by the club, my only association is being a club member and life time supporter.

Kind regards
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
I'm going to be the grinch here...

Are you serious?

No one will come near us for farkin years. That's if we are even still here.

Quigs

Immortal
G'day Wayne

Welcome to the mad house. What the farkkk are you getting onboard right now. We are all in here swinging madly at shadows and anything that moves.

We can always do with reinforcements.

Now I am not allowed to politicise every thread but again welcome aboard Wayne Gozz

Feej

First Grade
Used to work with Pip when I was at MS a few years ago. She's great, but unfortunately for us a MASSIVE Swans fan.

Was thinking about my current employer today, but I doubt that many companies would be interested right now.

If we get through this current problem relatively unscathed, and 17,000 odd turn up to home games regularly that will lure some sponsors for sure.

Also didn't see this mentioned on the forum but on ABC local radio last Sunday, they mentioned that Lance Thompson's restaurant had licked in with a small sponsorship of $40,000. Small change but better than a kick in the head.