What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks support stronger than most..

phonetic

Juniors
simon says said:
All I know is that the Tigers owned Shark Park when we went there.I swear it is the first time I have ever been to a game AWAY and we outnumbered the locals.....

I think the biggest 'owning' of a crowd was Anzac Day this year. It must have been 75% St George at a Roosters home game. Superb.

nqboy

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
The GST Sign is a classic and a Saints institution. It’s been from Townsville to Melbourne, from Auckland to Adelaide.

But I do prefer this one:

2005_20_01crowd.jpg
Bomb the Shire's a fair sledge but GST - GREAT(?) St George Team. You're kidding, right?

SirShire

First Grade
Family Hill? Pu-leaseeeeeeee!

I think you'll find the hardcore, drunken, loudmouth Sharks fans aged between 18-80 (such as myself) will be perched on the sacred turf that is David Peachey's Beer Hill - sinking the beers, abusing the ref/opposition/opposition supporters/Phil Bailey. All this, BEFORE we head off to Carmen's/Northies/Fusion, or God help me, The Vinyl Room or Hunters.

Long live Shark Park. There is no better was to start a night on the cans than sinking a few as our favourite team gets walloped/pulls of a miraculous victory!

innsaneink

Referee
SirShire said:
Family Hill? Pu-leaseeeeeeee!

I think you'll find the hardcore, drunken, loudmouth Sharks fans aged between 18-80 (such as myself) will be perched on the sacred turf that is David Peachey's Beer Hill - sinking the beers, abusing the ref/opposition/opposition supporters/Phil Bailey. All this, BEFORE we head off to Carmen's/Northies/Fusion, or God help me, The Vinyl Room or Hunters.

Long live Shark Park. There is no better was to start a night on the cans than sinking a few as our favourite team gets walloped/pulls of a miraculous victory!

I was warned about this.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=115338

sharkadelic

Juniors
fatshark said:
Ok you might be right, but thats your problem if you choose to sit on the family hill and act tough with your dumbass GST sign. Honestly get over the GST ffs.
Last time I went to Kogarah I was verbally abused by some idiot with a mullet, no teeth , a stoopid jumper with Ainscoyte on the back. His 3 kids all looked the same!!

I think you will find that was one of the Dragons board members....:lol:

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
MightySharks said:
Not suprised that other supporters can't accept Cronulla's extremly strong crowds for what they are and feel the need to resort to talking $hit!

Do they still breath-alize people when they come in the gates at Shark Park? I have seen so many 13-17 year olds use Sharks games in the past as an excuse to get on the grog of a Saturday night. It has to be asked where the grog comes from.

Cronulla's support wll more than likely only be rstricted to the Shire until the club has success. Kind of like Fremantle in the AFL, the club generally gets laughed at by those who don't follow it.

I have always found supporters of the clubs near the beach to be the most apathetic to be honest. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Sharks draw more at night when there is no beach to distract the local waxheads.

JF