What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Team review 2019

Weaponhead

Coach
I wouldnt give us a pass.

Fail.
Based on the talent in the squad, I agree that 7th is a poor result. Given the coach was sacked 2 weeks from the start of the season provides some mitigation.

They were in position at the half way point to launch a major challenge but fell away badly. Inability to maintain quality over a number of weeks was telling in the end.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Based on the talent in the squad, I agree that 7th is a poor result. Given the coach was sacked 2 weeks from the start of the season provides some mitigation.

They were in position at the half way point to launch a major challenge but fell away badly. Inability to maintain quality over a number of weeks was telling in the end.

But the talent only played about 3 games together.

Has everyone in here gone mad and totally ignored the adversity this side faced all year?

The year was a good one considering the shit the club put up with. I wouldn't rating anyone less than 5/10.

Russellgate, subsequent fines and salary cap reduction, Flanno sacked, rookie coach thrown into the deep end, having to cut support staff (like the yoga coach), having to shed players before June 30th, 7 rookies blooded, 3 others with less than 5 games prior to the season starting (125 games total between these 10 players - average 12.5 games each) meaning we played half the year with a rookie laden team, 200 injuries this year, gun second rower out for half the year.... the list could go on.

The year gets an easy pass mark, albeit disappointing, but FFS don't take your dashed hopes and disappointment out on a side that tried it's guts out in very difficult circumstances.