What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHARKS TEAM V BRONCOS (Official)

Special K

Coach
Gallen off the bench after 25 with Sullivan could turn a game big time. Gallen will "rip in" and hit the holes Sully gives him.

I'd rather Ice do this job though.

ryanallen

Juniors
Why do they persist with Merrit and Reik #-o :x

They bomb so many tries i think they should have a game or 2 in PL.
They can easily be replaced Franze or mellars of the bench & Bronx Goodwin to wing. I rekon Bronx should get a game before he heads of to raiders cause we got some big games coming up and cant afford to bomb tries like they have been he last few weeks.

anywayz good to see peach and bird back :D

Macca

Coach
That side looks alot better.

I'd have Gallen in the run on side too, probably at lock. Bailey to the second row, Lomu to the bench.

I am surprised that Merrit stayed in the side, they must really want him to make the grade.

RICHO

Juniors
Bronx won't get a shot simply for that reason mate. Why give a bloke a shot in the top grade when he's leaving next year?
Makes no sense.

Nuffs

Bench
lomu is in there to help try and rattle the broncos forward pack
then bring on beattie, bickie, and gallen to continue the bash-a-thon
meanwhile sullivan is scooping up easy yards following the forwards

me thinks we can win this week

and if we don't, i'm blaming birdy and merritt. why? because i can!

troy

Juniors
I agree with Reefy - Lomu has been playing well (such a nice offload) and Gallen will do well of the bench - Prob come on the same time as Sully.

Gallen was just dropping balls last week due to being tired. He is playing 5/8 and doing hit ups. The side looks good.

Merritt is lucky to stay but geez in space he has some pace - If he could just hang onto the farging ball !!

wittyfan

Referee
Merritt should buy himself a lottery ticket after Sunday's performance! But it's good to see Peachey back in the team. :)

merritt ? wtf does he have to do to get dropped ? miss easy tackles, bomb deadset tries, spill the ball under no pressure ? obviously that ain't enough. rieck deserves it way more than merritt.

btw - how bad must our PL team be doing to keep this muppet in firsts ?

at least we've got a proper bench again, not carrying aitken for no purpose.

how do you think bird's going to go marking lockyer ? how's he planning to contain him, knee to the head or spear-tackle ? :lol: come on birdy show us why we're sticking by you.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Thinking the same thing myself Hulka, are we supposed to drop someone for being one of our best players the week before. Is he part of our "losing culture" or something?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Isurus said:
Mr Angry said:
...As far as I am concerned, Bailey and Isemonger should never be on the field at the same time....

Why is that? I wouldn't call them similar players.
I would, whilst no two players are identical.
Bailey and Ise similarities
Strong runners of the ball.
Can hit holes.
Good defenders against large or small attackers.
Not the smartest footballers.
Not natural offloaders.
Ise hits a little harder and conceeds less penalties.
Bailey offloads a little better.

As opposed to
Gallen
Short chunky fella, awkward to tackle, hence awkward to wrap up, good offload
Hits hard
is very quick off the mark
Lomu
Natural offloader
Vulnerable against small light footed attackers
A bopper
Hilder (who ends up 13)
Tackle machine
does a lot of little things right, tidies up etc
Dumas
Waaaackkkk
Can offload and ball play.
Bickerstaff
Well I put him in the same category as Bailey and Ise really.

That is why.

Surely

Post Whore
Rieck may not be the greatest player running around but he makes merritt look like a reserve grader ... oh hang on he is a reserve grader!

I say Bailey to centres Mcgoldrick to wing .... Have to stiffen up that defence somehow.

newman

First Grade
The boys are going to have to lift for this weekend. No matter what. There are no more excuses. This is a decent side on paper with a lot of capability, I just hope that capability translates to tries scored, and tries stopped.

Latest posts