What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks v storms

I reckon odds are Gal won’t pass fitness, Woods to start and Dugan to take his bench spot.

A prediction, not a recommendation.

Storm are a very physical side.

I think Gal has to think about the team and put his hand up and say I’m not going to be able play with the same impact as I normally would and no guarantees of lasting a great amount of time.

Much better having a 100% fit Paulo or Seumanufagai than a 40% fit Gal.

If by some miracle we beat the Storm he gives himself a chance for being ready for the GF.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Here's a nice graphic on how teams that had the week off have fared over the last 10 years. Seems that the first prelim finalist usually wins, but the second one doesn't fare that well.

stat-attack_finals-after-week-off_20180918.jpg

Haven't been confident about this game but any bloody thing can happen. Hope Storm are nervy again like last game and the occasion gets to them. I reckon our loss to Roosters steeled us.

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah I’m with ya.
Same as 2016, when Bowie died I knew we would win. All I could hear for months was heroes and it reminded of the sharks in 1997

Didn’t a shark swim up to Thurston on the beach in Townsville as he did a live interview before the GF qualifier?

myrrh ken

First Grade
Flanno's mind games are working...

Craig Bellamy hits back after Sharks accuse Storm of dirty tactics
SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

MELBOURNE Storm coach Craig Bellamy says the rest of the competition would be laughing at Cronulla Sharks’ attempt to be holier-than-thou by accusing the reigning premier of dirty tactics.

In what has become a preliminary final tradition over the past decade, the Storm’s tackling and work at the coalface has been questioned by the nemesis Sharks.

And opposing coach Shane Flanagan, who boasts a strong record over the Storm having won four of the past five meetings between the sides, fanned the flames this week by putting a target on Cameron Smith’s back.

“Saying they’re going to go after Cameron Smith, well what else is new?” Bellamy said.

“Everyone goes after Cameron Smith … Cameron’s a bit like Paul Gallen, he hasn’t played nearly 400 NRL games without getting through and getting targeted in games.

“If they want to target Cameron I’m sure he’ll handle that OK and that will give us a couple of opportunities in other situations so if they want to go out and concentrate on Cameron all night then … but I don’t think the Sharks are like that, they’re telling us we’re the grubs and they’re holier-than-thou, the squeaky-clean Sharks, please give me a break.”

If nothing else, the targeted barrage of Cronulla mind games has given the Storm something to chat about between sessions in the bowels of AAMI Park.

It doesn’t really needle us but I think most other clubs in the competition would be sitting back laughing at that, saying that we’re the grubs and we do this and we do that,” Bellamy said.

Well, as I said, if they’re trying to make it that they’re holier-than-thou squeaky-clean Sharks, then we all know better than that.

“As they’ve kept telling us all week, they’re a very tough team, a very experienced team … and they are, without a doubt, they’ve got a lot rep players and their pack is choc full of experienced players … we know that but we’ve got some guys that have played a lot of big games as well so we know we’ll handle that again.”

The Storm will ramp up preparations today at AAMI Park ahead of the grand final qualifier.

Nelson Asofa-Solomona (ankle) and Joe Stimson (head knock) will be tested again after being named in the starting 17.