What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sharks want hannay

nqcowboy87

Bench
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19718524-23214,00.html
THE Sharks have emerged as the frontrunner to sign Josh Hannay only days after the North Queensland centre played a key role in the Maroons' State of Origin victory in Melbourne on Wednesday night.

Hannay is yet to receive an offer from North Queensland, and Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr will meet coach Graham Murray over the weekend to discuss whether the goal-kicking centre remains part of their plans.
But they may have left their run too late, with Hannay and his manager, Jim Banaghan, scheduled to fly to Sydney today to hold talks with the Sharks.
Banaghan made it clear that the Sharks, who have also spoken to Parramatta centre Brett Delaney, were the favourites to sign Hannay.
The Sharks are desperate to recruit a quality centre after New Zealand international Nigel Vagana and youngster Beau Scott announced they would leave the club at the end of the year, to join South Sydney and St George-Illawarra respectively.
"We see a much more natural link with the Sharks as to how he plays," Banaghan said.
"They're the leaders at this moment. We're going to sit down with Stu Raper to see if it's going to be a natural marriage. If things work out correctly by Monday he will be a Shark."
Bulldogs forward Nate Myles and Hannay, along with Newcastle second rower Steve Simpson, are the highest-quality players remaining on the open market.
Hannay is the only representative centre yet to be snapped up. He has attracted interest from Gold Coast, which has signed 17 players for its inaugural season.

Advertisement:
var gnEbMinZIndex = 10000;var gfEbInIframe = false;var gEbBAd = new Object();gEbBAd.nFlightID = 133123;gEbBAd.nWidth = 300;gEbBAd.nHeight = 250;gEbBAd.nDownloadMode = 3;var gstrEbRandnum = new String(Math.random());gstrEbRandnum = gstrEbRandnum.substring(gstrEbRandnum.indexOf(".")+1 , gstrEbRandnum.length);gEbBAd.strNonSupported = "http://bs.serving-sys.com/BurstingPipe/NonSupportedBanner.asp?FlightID=133123&Page=&PluID=0&Width=300&Height=250&Pos=" + gstrEbRandnum;

Hannay's solid performance in Origin III, after almost missing the game with a viral infection, only enhanced his value.

"He is no doubt the leading outside back on the market," Banaghan said.
"He doesn't have to rush into anything."

Inferno

Coach
Good to see the clubs not waiting for sloppy seconds in the centre department :roll:

Scoddy

Juniors
There would be plenty of people in N.Q. willing to pack his bags for him.Good luck to whoever get him.

Raoul Duke

Juniors
I think it is in Hannay's best interest to seize this offer by the sharks. It is amazing anyone is actually offering Hannay a contract judging by his perfomance over this and previous years. There are a couple of great young centres coming through the ranks for the Cowboys and should be able to break on through to the first grade very soon with the retirement of Paul Bowman. If I was Hannay, and I am certainly not, but if I was. I would immediatley take the Sharks contract and consider myself lucky.

elyod138

Bench
Raoul Duke said:
I think it is in Hannay's best interest to seize this offer by the sharks. It is amazing anyone is actually offering Hannay a contract judging by his perfomance over this and previous years. There are a couple of great young centres coming through the ranks for the Cowboys and should be able to break on through to the first grade very soon with the retirement of Paul Bowman. If I was Hannay, and I am certainly not, but if I was. I would immediatley take the Sharks contract and consider myself lucky.

Who are they?

McLovin

Staff member
Ohh FFS, how bad can he be??

He did end up playing for QLD this year didn't he. Be it through injuries and whatnot, he still got selected...

Raoul Duke

Juniors
elyod138 said:
Who are they?

Brandon Boor for instance. He is in Townsville on a cowboys contract. when he gets in i tell you what. Good player. And then look at how well the young guns are going. Their centres, I belive have a lot more to offer in the future than Hannay.

Raoul Duke

Juniors
MC84 said:
Ohh FFS, how bad can he be??

He did end up playing for QLD this year didn't he. Be it through injuries and whatnot, he still got selected...

You wanna know how bad he is? Well you'll surely find out if he plays for your team mate :lol: . I tell you I'm surprised that QLD even won when they resorted to Hannay and Wesser too. Shows how good the QLD spirit really is. Suck Sh!t NSW

sharks4ever

Juniors
hannay was sick 2 days leading into SOO he only got past fit just b4 the game i think he will be a good signing for any club a good defensive centre who can kick goals i personallyt think NTH QLD are nuts for letting him go

sharks4ever said:
hannay was sick 2 days leading into SOO he only got past fit just b4 the game i think he will be a good signing for any club a good defensive centre who can kick goals i personallyt think NTH QLD are nuts for letting him go

He is actually not a bad player but gets a hard time from the fans in general...will go well at Sharks.:cool: