What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Withdraw From The Race To Sign Lote

Bundy

Juniors
Interest in securing her services has come from the Waratahs and the Queensland Reds, and in rugby league, from the South Sydney Club.

Bahaha... Big girl.

Saw Webcke on Sunrise this morning, he said unfortunately for Lote it seemed he really is about the money. Whether he does want to return to league or not doesn't matter because it will take a huge chunk from his wage and therefore salary is the issue rather than desire to play either sport.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Spend the money on a gun centre, Tate or Tahu and then pick up a promising playmaker like Mitch Pearce....and secure our juniors.
Not blow the whole lot on a money hungry ra ra or a injury prone dog.

Qld-Sharkie said:
Spend the money on a gun centre, Tate or Tahu and then pick up a promising playmaker like Mitch Pearce....and secure our juniors.

Exactly right.
Unfortunately when players get the mega bucks they become very comfortable and satisfied and have nowhere near the desire than when they were younger and keen to impress.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
King of the Hill said:
I still reckon we are a bigger chance of signing Lote than Souths.

I read somewhere only just last week... that the Rabbits offer was nothing but a feel good, fluffy endeavour to bolster fan happiness and the Rabbitohs image. I expected them to drop out before the Sharks, maybe something happened during the beach footy between Lote and Peter Holmes..?

chili pepper

Bench
Qld-Sharkie said:

Please dont use these words in the same sentence again

Qld-Sharkie said:
I read somewhere only just last week... that the Rabbits offer was nothing but a feel good, fluffy endeavour to bolster fan happiness and the Rabbitohs image. I expected them to drop out before the Sharks, maybe something happened during the beach footy between Lote and Peter Holmes..?

As if he'd go to Souths.

And as if, if Lote came back to us and said he'd like to accept what was our final offer, we wouldnt jump at it?

This "final offer" and "withdrawing offers" is just a face-saving exercise for clubs, it's been a bit of a trend but ultimately the words are cheap if there is a match between the club and the player.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Well I'm pissed off.

We NEED to attract at least one of these major marquee players to get the ball rolling. It's all very well looking on and saying how well Stuart is going by getting them to talk to us but the proof is in the pudding. The snowball of name players won't start till we get at least one signature. One less halfback as well. The Raper factor would not of been the only thing stopping players coming and whether or not Noddy has his best season ever this year he has also been a negative recruitment factor over the past 3 years because who wants to come play next to a half who doesn't have the ability to feed you the footy!

Sure chase some promising blokes but "promise" has gotten us nowhere over 40 years. The only times we go close is when we have had big names. Just like all the winning clubs.

Without nailing at least one of these megastars the talk is pie in the sky I'm afraid.

Go Nulla

Bench
Frenzy. said:
Well I'm pissed off.

We NEED to attract at least one of these major marquee players to get the ball rolling. It's all very well looking on and saying how well Stuart is going by getting them to talk to us but the proof is in the pudding. The snowball of name players won't start till we get at least one signature. One less halfback as well. The Raper factor would not of been the only thing stopping players coming and whether or not Noddy has his best season ever this year he has also been a negative recruitment factor over the past 3 years because who wants to come play next to a half who doesn't have the ability to feed you the footy!

Sure chase some promising blokes but "promise" has gotten us nowhere over 40 years. The only times we go close is when we have had big names. Just like all the winning clubs.

Without nailing at least one of these megastars the talk is pie in the sky I'm afraid.

We'll get O'Meley Frenzy, and that will be the catalyst for the beginning of the new era.

spider

Coach
on the other end of the scale frenz

i believe with the policies and all being put in place the junior weath is going to prosper in coming years.

it has not been tapped into before, only scraped - a certain person just went o/s with a shopping trolley and wa' la - there is our recruitment for next season.

they will know there is going to be more cash available from the nod's contract, etc.

i think regarding our junior talent the next couple of years will be prosperous.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
SpiderShark said:
on the other end of the scale frenz

i believe with the policies and all being put in place the junior weath is going to prosper in coming years.

And I have no problem with this at all. At a stretch these policies might unearth a few of our own big names but in the meantime we need to be able to establish a culture where we can get them wehn we need them. We need some teachers for the pupils and the coaches, as good as they appear to be need onfield support. That's why I won't join the poo poo Hannay crowd. He has inestimable value to this team experience wise.

SpiderShark said:
it has not been tapped into before, only scraped - a certain person just went o/s with a shopping trolley and wa' la - there is our recruitment for next season.

Well I know what you mean but it's not entirely true. There was a time before the juniors/seniors split and ran their own respective races where we were pulling very good juniors, bar props funnily enough, at will. Will be good to put the confidence back into the nursery so kids, good kids, will again aspire to be Sharkies

SpiderShark said:
they will know there is going to be more cash available from the nod's contract, etc.

i think regarding our junior talent the next couple of years will be prosperous.

I agree. I just hope we can maintain the balance.

Latest posts