What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Johnson

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I’d have been happy if we gave him 2 years because he’s earned it, but a one year deal is even better from the club’s standpoint. Probably increases our chance of keeping Volkman as well. If he has another great year next year then they can extend him again.

that’s the roster pretty well set for next season now, anything else we get is gravy.

nswarrior

Juniors
The sort of smart deal we absolutely wouldn't have done in the past. Nice.
Haha - so true. Sometimes I miss the knee jerk reactions of the past. We had no faith in ourselves and signed out of desperation.

We would have offered 3 or 5 years in the past even though it made no sense

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
SJ pretty much showed his hand when he knocked the Tigers back, it’s plainly obvious he doesn’t want to be anywhere else. He’s happy in Auckland, playing great footy and obviously gelling with the coach and team and obviously wants to play out his career here.
I also think it’s in his interests post-footy to stay in NZ- if he finishes his career on a high as kiwi sporting royalty he’ll walk into a lucrative media gig if that’s what he wants. Obvious that’s an option in Australia too but he won’t be at the top of the pile like he will be in NZ.

Blair

Coach
Wifes had the baby.
The whole thing was painful (the 'will he or won't he' story that is, it's a given the actual birth was!) and thank heavens it's done and dusted.

I'd be horrified if Johnson thought I was all that interested, let alone waiting on tenterhooks, about the birth of his kid.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Tends to inspire a man, I hope he proves to be a great father.

Football means nothing compared to family.

We plan to spoil it, I am worried now.

We come to his house, dumped him and he just procreate.

Damn you kiwis.

sup42

Juniors
The whole thing was painful (the 'will he or won't he' story that is, it's a given the actual birth was!) and thank heavens it's done and dusted.

I'd be horrified if Johnson thought I was all that interested, let alone waiting on tenterhooks, about the birth of his kid.

It was doing my head in to be fair.

I was having MR T moments "stop your Baby talk Gibber Jabba fools".

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
SJ was amazing for the Sharks in 2020 until he did his achilles a few weeks before finals. Glad to see him doing well for the Warriors this year.