What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall

JT_

Juniors
Okay, so we all know this kid has a few of those 'SKD' moments which make us infuriated as Daniel Anderson watching his Eels from the coaches box, but let's not remember that he's still 22 and is playing centre in his first year in red white and blue.

For every SKD moment he has broke the line time after time, got us out of our own half when the bookends were MIA, scored a try where he had no right to, and his defence has been pretty good considering he was a total liability in that aspect in previous seasons. There's not much more we could ask of a centre that is playing his first full year in FG!

He's already racked up about 55 tries for the club in 3 and a half seasons (2007 he only played about 10 games) and stastically been the 2nd best centre after Folau. According to D. Telegraph NRL stats, so far he has 18 tries(tied-3rd), 23 line breaks(2nd to Uate) and 126 tackle busts (3rd).

Stats obviously aren't the best illustration but this kid has freakish talent and in time he can cut out the brain snaps that have plagued him since he started FG, although this year i can say he has improved his ball handling in general it's just those passes that are not there which he gets crucified for. But once he matures, imo he will be a massive player for us and is on track to break the club scoring record.

Last edited:

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
i think the only area where he needs some serious improvment is his dummy half running. gets caught going sideways far too often in our own half.

most of everthing else he does is high quality.

definitely not giving me as many episodes of cardiac arrest as he used to..........:crazy:

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade
he's improved vastly since his move to centre and the introduction of Carney and coach Smith.

breaking tackles at will and can spot a ball and gap pretty well. Defence at times is a little lacklustre and the crab-running is sometimes a problem, although Perret seems to suffer from the latter more often

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
he's improved vastly since his move to centre and the introduction of Carney and coach Smith.

breaking tackles at will and can spot a ball and gap pretty well. Defence at times is a little lacklustre and the crab-running is sometimes a problem, although Perret seems to suffer from the latter more often

SKD does far more crabbing than Perret.

adamkungl

Immortal
SKD crab runs but usually straightens up and makes some metres when he finds a gap.

Nothing like the old Shannon Hegarty days of 04-05...shudder...

alan89

Juniors
I have been really impressed with SKD's defence, in particular against Manly and Dragons. On his day, he is probably right up there with Inglis as most potent centre in NRL. He has to play well against Cowboys....

Lambretta

First Grade
Against Manly, when SKD scored I started up a chant which was enthusistically taken up by other Roosters fans. He is a great talent and really pleasing to watch.

Definately a cult figure at Easts and loved by most fans.

Latest posts